Olympic Games whilst at sea

Jodieg

I was wondering the same. We will be on the Crown for the last two days of the games. Did some digging in old posts from 2012...Princess not having NBC made any coverage very limited if not completely nonexistent. I found a recent Princess Channel Guide, still no NBC but there was CNBC which I think gets some spillover coverage from the main network? Just speculating...

They showed golf and Grand Prix on the TVs in cabins (Grand Prix was on the MUTS screen too), and sky sports news on the TVs I think...and BBC world so there should be a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

To show the Olympics on the ship Princess needs to pay big licensing bucks, so the answer is "no."

Four years ago when we were on a Princess ship during the Olympics there was a four page summary each day added to the Patter.

As noted, international rights to the Olympics are very expensive. It will end up depending which Sat system specific ships are on and what is available on that system and for how much.

I remember many moons ago they didn't have the live events but they paid for a recap type show that showed the highlights of each days events for about 30 mins.