Just off the dawn 8-5-16/8-12-16

preppykate08

Unfortunately there were a couple times we were not able to get our toilets to flush (not good) but they ended up fixing them quickly. Other then that I didn't notice any other plumbing issues on the boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's definitely not good when toilet doesn't flush. It happened to us a few times in June. Just as I was about to scream Call Maintenance! It ghost flushed on its own. Thankfully. [emoji52]

Hi dexddd [emoji3]

Thanks much for the update...not sure why those rooms on 12 weren't taken care of during dry dock...we're in a DOS this December and are hoping the cloudy windows will be rectified soon...

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Joy

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I can't say for certain what happened or not to the windows during drydock. One person reported seeing a crane putting new windows up there - don't know if that was true or the extent of any replacement or seal repairs. Others have reported problems in some of the suites that run along the sides post-drydock.

I can't say for certain if I read anybody mention any fogging in the DOS since the drydock but then again, there typically isn't much discussion about those rooms here.

Which do you have - an inner or outer DOS? Either case, they are nice rooms and the location on 12 is handy.

We were on deck 10.. Sadly got so wrapped up in vacation that we did not take any updated room pictures. But I can tell you not a ton changed. Basically the decorations did. Everything else looked relatively the same. But new carpet and new colors and also a new coffee maker

So let me guess - a dark tan/light brown carpet with dark green for the carpets. Matching new bed furnishings. They seem to be standardizing the suite colors. Oh, and a Nespresso.

Were you in 10006 or 10506? As far as decorations, did the do away with the mural in the dining nook? Did they fix the worn light switches and the worn wood in areas? Did they fill in the hole behind the tv in the living room?

I've only read one report thus far for 10006 so trying to get some more info on how much they changed those rooms.

We had the same issue also with the toilets….Just found out from a different thread why the pool was closed while docked in Bermuda…. not good…gross…

If it was the same one I read, they said it was closed the whole time while in Bermuda? Why would it take that long?

I can't say for certain what happened or not to the windows during drydock. One person reported seeing a crane putting new windows up there - don't know if that was true or the extent of any replacement or seal repairs. Others have reported problems in some of the suites that run along the sides post-drydock.

I can't say for certain if I read anybody mention any fogging in the DOS since the drydock but then again, there typically isn't much discussion about those rooms here.

Which do you have - an inner or outer DOS? Either case, they are nice rooms and the location on 12 is handy.

Gotcha...we're in an inner DOS

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Great review. We were on the same cruise at the end of July in a family suite with balcony and loved it. We also had a great time and this was our favorite cruise yet. I could see myself doing it every year. Bermuda is wonderful.

Just a little clarification. Since the dry dock, breakfast and lunch for suite passengers is now served in Moderno with overflow seating in Cagney's.

Edited by PCLMassachusetts

Yes, breakfast is mainly in Modernos and overflow to Cagneys….I missed the crab cakes benidict and the jumbo shrimp at lunch…..Service was a little slow but food still good.

The removed the mural from the dinning nook, and behind the bed…They also took out the Red chair in the living room area. But they did add two chairs to the side balcony as well as the table and chairs.

They took out the TV in bathroom too…

Thanks for a great review...counting down the days.

A quick question about the photo gallery..can you still look at other peoples photos (guilty pleasure of mine!) or can you just look at your own?

All of the photos are now separated by rooms in like binders that are sectioned off and stored in cabinets! You are able to view photos of your own if you wish on computers. Tho we did not see many people doing that. We tried but were steered away from it by staff. There is how ever a wall for misplaced photos you could still check out! But to sum up the answer to your question no you can't. Unless you want to do some creeping through other people's binders [emoji23]

Edited by preppykate08

All of the photos are now separated by rooms in like binders that are sectioned off and stored in cabinets! You are able to view photos of your own if you wish on computers. Tho we did not see many people doing that. We tried but were steered away from it by staff. There is how ever a wall for misplaced photos you could still check out! But to sum up the answer to your question no you can't. Unless you want to do some creeping through other people's binders [emoji23]

This "photo-voyeurism" was especially fun on the Halloween cruise on the Gem - wonderful costumes and I still think of the guy dressed as the tooth fairy in leotard, tutu and work boots ...not really a ballet-leotard body:p or all those sweet multi-generational family portraits :D or the cheesy romantic couple photos! Oh well...have to find something else to do for 10 minutes a day ...another cocktail:D

If it was the same one I read, they said it was closed the whole time while in Bermuda? Why would it take that long?

They couldn't drain the pool until they were a certain distance out to sea. From what I read. 12 miles or something like that. [emoji37] But the water must have gone into a holding tank? Or something? I don't like the visual I have otherwise.

Yes we did have a suite with 2 balconies. We loved it, this is our go to room on the dawn. How ever the front balcony is not super private as your neighbors are right next door or below you. For us this was not an issue.. If your laying in a lounge chair no one else can see you. But if your standing over the railing your neighbors would be able to say hi! As for the side balcony completely private. The front balcony has enough space for two lounge chairs and a table. The aide balcony has enough room for a full wicker type (plastic) but looked wicker table and 3 chairs maybe? And then two comfy chairs with cushions! And for transportation on Sunday, when we got off the boat we walked right over to a man who was sort of.. Running the show! He was calling taxis over for what ever u wanted. Beach trip, Bermuda your etc. he was your guy. Just ask him what you wanted! We ended up taking a mini buss to the beach for 7$ per person. Basically a little bigger then a cab. Not a pink buss. We took this Instead of a taxi. A little cheaper for the group of 4 of us that went to the beach. When we were finished we caught the mini buss again and it brought us right back!

Belated thanks for the info. Decided to book an aft suite for our anniversary week next October/November, since the new promos are so good (and only $250 deposit!). If my DH enjoys our trip next month, I'm looking forward to giving the Dawn a whirl. We didn't have enough time in Bermuda last year and I should have known that a husband who thinks it's too hot in NJ in August would not enjoy Bermuda during that month.

I am of the lovely hot flash stage. I was ok in Bermuda….handle it well, just kept hydrated and tried not to think about it.

Heres my quick review….

Service was not the same in the restaurants, very slow and not as attentive as we have had. Food just ok in most of the restaurants. The new Mexican was by far the best…. can't beat it…Le Bistro fair, Cagneys fair..just was not impressed with them. (have been in past)

Still love the Dawn….will book again

Belated thanks for the info. Decided to book an aft suite for our anniversary week next October/November, since the new promos are so good (and only $250 deposit!). If my DH enjoys our trip next month, I'm looking forward to giving the Dawn a whirl. We didn't have enough time in Bermuda last year and I should have known that a husband who thinks it's too hot in NJ in August would not enjoy Bermuda during that month.

Make sure you are not on deck 8 aft, pretty noisy

Hey there, question for you....

I got an email from NCL that our Meet and Greet would be in the Lounge on deck 9, it used to be the internet café, is the internet café gone? Is it combined with the picture studio?

Thanks!!

Hey there, question for you....

I got an email from NCL that our Meet and Greet would be in the Lounge on deck 9, it used to be the internet café, is the internet café gone? Is it combined with the picture studio?

Thanks!!

Hey Pathubia - Our sailing (11/27) was also assigned the "Deck 9 Lounge" for our M&G, and I was told it will hold up to 30 guests. If we exceed 30 (which will happen - we're at 29), they'll move us to another venue. I've seen other groups assigned to the Mojito Bar and Los Lobos.

The updated cruise deck plans just show "Lounge" in that area on deck 9, where the internet cafe used to be. But I don't see any other indication of an internet cafe anywhere else on the ship.

I'm wondering if internet services is somehow handled at guest services down on deck 7. Now that I think about it, I thought I saw a re-purposing of that small gift shop on deck 7 near guest services - I wonder if this is now the internet desk?

Hey Pathubia - Our sailing (11/27) was also assigned the "Deck 9 Lounge" for our M&G, and I was told it will hold up to 30 guests. If we exceed 30 (which will happen - we're at 29), they'll move us to another venue. I've seen other groups assigned to the Mojito Bar and Los Lobos.

The updated cruise deck plans just show "Lounge" in that area on deck 9, where the internet cafe used to be. But I don't see any other indication of an internet cafe anywhere else on the ship.

I'm wondering if internet services is somehow handled at guest services down on deck 7. Now that I think about it, I thought I saw a re-purposing of that small gift shop on deck 7 near guest services - I wonder if this is now the internet desk?

Thanks, Dougout!! Ours is at 30 now and will probably go up too!! It would be nice if it gets moved to Los Lobos, I cant wait to check it out!!

I'm not familiar with Dawn, yet. I saw this on a

. Hope it makes sense to those of you who are familiar with her. I also hope you can see it. It was only 69Kb before upload and now it's 24Kb.

1994523603_Dawninternet.jpg.8a31e6d3f17ccf051abdbd53d54675f0.jpg

I'm not familiar with Dawn, yet. I saw this on a
. Hope it makes sense to those of you who are familiar with her.

I believe that's showing the Photo area, before and after dry dock. I've seen that photo on the right (after), and it shows the station where you can swipe your room key and view photos associated with your room.

Edited by TheDougOut