Honeymoon cruises for first timers?

mburg49

Most Med cruises are so port intensive that you won't have time to be bored. Particularly because it's your honeymoon I would shy away from the big mass market lines. You will have the least children on Windstar (most likely none). No formal nights, every night is resort casual--polos and chinos for men, sundresses, capris and blouses for women. Your fellow cruisers will typically be active in their mid 30's through late 60's. Fun, interesting, well traveled from a variety of regions and occupations. All are drawn to the casual elegance and relaxed vibe of the ship. Good food, great crew that offer service that is spot on but never hovering. Open dining at all meals, sit with a group or alone, your choice each evening. No up charge for specialty dining, soft drinks, specialty coffees, etc. They have some free shore excursions, and many ports you can DIY and they are happy to offer free advice. No one will ever try to upswell you on anything, very, very chill atmosphere.

I have cruised on mass market and small lines, there is no way I would ever suggest a big mass market ship for a honeymoon.

Edited by ducklite

The fiancee and I are trying to narrow down our options for honeymoon cruises in Europe.We are first timers and completely new to this.I thought I had it narrowed down to Celebrity, Amazara, and Viking, but from reading the reviews I'm leery of pulling the trigger on something so expensive.Celebrity seems to nickle and dime and go for the upsell, the rooms with Amazara don't seem to be worth the price, and Viking seems to be all over the place depending on if the river is sail-able or not. We are in our late 20s and looking for something that really immerses us in the destinations without completely breaking the bank like Regent.Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I recommend Celebrity. It's a great line, and perfect for first timers. You might get some upsell offers on day 1, but it's no big deal at all. When people complain about stuff like that, they tend to make a bigger deal out of it than what it was. It does nothing to take away from their beautiful ships and great service.

Viking is a river cruise....totally different from a sea cruise!.

Viking also has ocean going cruises.

Were going on our honeymoon next July on Royal Caribbean,Oasis of the seas. We are also in our late 20's. We got a superior balcony with 350$ worth of on board credit. It's a 8 day cruise. We didn't see the harmony of the seas until about a few days later. But there ships look super nice. I'm excited to go. Do look on YouTube, they have plenty of reviews and vlogs so you can get an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums