Royal Princess July16-31 Greed Med Review

Travlin grrl

I love the Iceland photos! That is really cool!

Yes it was an unexpected surprise and lucky for us we had a window seat. But I let other people in to take pics. I have more pics of it here. http://travlintheworld.blogspot.com/2016/07/flying-home-over-iceland.html I'm thinking I'd like to take a cruise by there. I saw some in the 2017-2018 catalog.

• 8 months later...
Beach day! There are no excursions to the beach so we are going to DIY. Today was one of those days where everything went too smooth. We got into port at 12:00 and will be there till 8:30. Instead of trying to figure out the bus for 4 people we decided to grab a taxi to Amadourro beach. The sign for it outside has a price for 15 Euros. So for once we happened to be one of the first 20 or so off the ship and headed for the shuttle to the terminal (which is mandatory) and then hopped on front row (that never happens) so were first on to the waiting taxis. We pointed where we wanted to go and the taxi driver said the other beach (I think it was called Kaliterous or something like that) for 17 euros and was supposed to be a little better and they are only about 10 minutes or 4-5 miles away. When we got there we saw umbrellas with lounge chairs (bring your own towels) they rent for 2 euros a chair.*

So for 8 euros we got 2 umbrellas and 4 chairs. They have free wi-fi , showers, toilets, changing rooms and a snack bar with everything from wine, beer, snacks, food items and ice cream bars. Someone will bring it all to you but we didn't know what we wanted so we walked up to the snack bar and ordered 2 beers, 1 ouzo, lg. bag of chips, fries (which was huge and came with bread) 3 granites ( lemon, melon and strawberry) all for 21eruos. Remember the day before was 20 euros for 1 beer and 2 smoothies so we felt like we got the deal of the day. The water is crystal blue clear and really warm so we go in a few times getting into the water and try to "go pro" *a few moments before getting knocked over in the waves. There are speakers that play new world/cultural dance music *and you have that *"I can't believe I'm sitting here at a Greek Mediterranean Beach having a drink with a cool breeze blowing through my hair" moment.*

We asked the taxi driver Thfo to pick us up at 5:00*and he was there exactly at 5:00. Just in case there were taxi drivers waiting there to get you back so I don't think there is a problem returning. We again were the first ones to get on the shuttle on the front seat and no lines to get on the ship. It was seamless and probably only a once in a lifetime thing as we are effortlessly moving from one place to the next like we were the only ones there. The Greek Gods were shining down on us.*

I love your posts! Where was this? I wish you would name each place that you write about at the beginning.

thanks! We are going next Sept. on Royal Princess. Joan ( Chamberdirector)