Fly2Fun Questions

IMKTDQT810

Hi All!

I booked our cruise yesterday (reduced deposit) with the main reason of the fly2fun. I called the day before to get quotes using Fly2Fun and the prices were $300.00 less then what I was able to book via Expedia or anyone else for that fact. Plus I didn't have to shell it all out of my pocket..it goes on with my balance. My questions for anyone that has used it or knows:

1- From now until 60 days we can change our flight without penalty. My goal was to nab the flight to the cruise but coming home was a different story. Just a few hours later then expected. Has anyone ever changed their return flight under the 60 days and was it really no charges?

2- I was able to go into the first carrier (Delta-heading to the cruise) and select seats. But coming home is a different airline and it will not allow me to do that (American). How did folks pick seats?

2- Has anyone ever missed their flight to the cruise and did they really take care of getting you to the first port? Paying airfare/hotel and meals?

Just wondering and thanks!

Be cautious with the no penalty statement regarding flight changes. There is no penalty to make changes, however, it is misleading. We used Fly2Fun for our flights for the Vista TA. We were very happy with the price of the flights and the times when we booked. A few months after booking our flights, our return flights were changed (by Delta) and it was moved to a much, much later time. I called Carnival to see about switching the return flight to an earlier time because we have to work the day after we return. Getting off of a plane at 11:30pm doesn't make for an ideal work day the following day when you have a long drive home.

The Carnival reps (I called 3 different times to see if I would get the same answer) told me that to change the flight times, they would have to cancel my entire booking and rebook it all again. They cancel the flights and the cruise then rebook both at the current rates. Since the rates had doubled for both the cruise and the flights, I told them that I didn't want to do it.

I wasn't aware that it was done this way because I read over the contract and info for Fly2Fun and didn't see it mentioned that changes would require cancelling both the flights and the cruise then rebooking both at the current rates. Maybe I was just unlucky on the day I called.

Thank you so, so much for the info!

@MrsCrusinCritter-I see you are from WV aslo! For us- leaving out of CRW always means a connecting flight. We were going to book southwest but hubby was really against a 3 hr drive home (from either Pittsburgh or Columbus). I am hoping to keep an eye on an earlier return flight home but already requested off the Monday after our return to be on the safe side.

Thanks again for the info.......

Fly2Fun creates a reservation for you with the airline that you chose. That flight is not ticketed until 60 days before the cruise when your payment is received. Therefore, you are not able to pick your seats until that time. My one attempt, which I canceled after I found this all out, was not cheaper than the same flights if I had booked them myself. So, the ability to cancel it is the only plus that I saw. Went back to booking my own.

Fly2Fun creates a reservation for you with the airline that you chose. That flight is not ticketed until 60 days before the cruise when your payment is received. Therefore, you are not able to pick your seats until that time. My one attempt, which I canceled after I found this all out, was not cheaper than the same flights if I had booked them myself. So, the ability to cancel it is the only plus that I saw. Went back to booking my own.

We were able to pick our seats the day we booked our flights and we booked in early January for late October flights/cruise.

Thanks again for the info.......

We usually drive to Columbus and fly Southwest too due to the price difference and the availability of non-stop flights. We would have done similar for our flights this time if we would have realize that our return flight would get moved to such a late time returning to CRW. I wish we could have requested the day after off so flight times wouldn't be such an issue, but our employers weren't too happy that we were already taking 14 1/2 days off. lol

• 3 weeks later...