Freeport, grand lucayan resort day pass?

smarks

Hi, I am looking for info on the Grand Lucayan Resort. I need to know if we can catch a shuttle to the resort and buy a day pass at the gate. Read several different things on this lately. Do I have to buy a pass from a tour agency, or can we purchase at the gate? We leave in Oct. Thanks for the info.

Edited by smarks

We went there two years ago in September, missed going last year due to trying to miss a hurricane. We took a shuttle into Freeport, were dropped off a block from the resort, and bought tickets at the gate. Very easy. And because we were there so early, we had the place to ourselves. Really nice infinity pool, clean beach, the water was great. Afterwards, we walked across the street to the shops, then took the shuttle back. The ride is about 20 minutes. So for $25.00 each, it was a great time.

Ā 

I hope someone has done it since then and reports here about their experience. We are going back this October.

Edited by pabeachie

We went there two years ago in September, missed going last year due to trying to miss a hurricane. We took a shuttle into Freeport, were dropped off a block from the resort, and bought tickets at the gate. Very easy. And because we were there so early, we had the place to ourselves. Really nice infinity pool, clean beach, the water was great. Afterwards, we walked across the street to the shops, then took the shuttle back. The ride is about 20 minutes. So for $25.00 each, it was a great time.

Ā 

I hope someone has done it since then and reports here about their experience. We are going back this October.

Thanks for the reply Cindy. I have read where someone said they didn't think you could get the pass at the gate anymore that you have to go through a tour company. Hope that's not true. If I don't find out soon I will have to go ahead and book through them. Doesn't make sense since all I do is put up a deposit and still pay the balance at the gate. Thanks again for you time to reply.

Ā 

Sandra

• 7 months later...

We were just there last week. We had purchased tickets online through shore excursion and spent $49. There was another couple that was in front of us and bought tickets for the day pass for $40 at the gate with no problems. We took a shuttle for $10 round trip per person from the port. Very beautiful resort! Would go back in a heartbeat, no complaints what's so ever! However, the driver will try to persuade you to go to Junkanoo beach and tell you that the Grand Lucayan was destroyed by the hurricane!! Don't listen to the driver and insist on going to resort.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the update Jinaworm! We know we want to snorkel/catamaran at one port and do a guest pass beach day at the other, and are still trying to figure out which will be Nassau and this Freeport. Hearing that the Lucayan isn't too hurricane-damaged, and that we can buy passes right at the resort, is really helpful.

Ā 

And I know what you mean about the cab drivers. Last time my husband and I docked in Nassau we had a cab driver who seemed to have his own agenda about where he wanted to take us - not where we wanted to go.

We were just there last week. We had purchased tickets online through shore excursion and spent $49. There was another couple that was in front of us and bought tickets for the day pass for $40 at the gate with no problems. We took a shuttle for $10 round trip per person from the port. Very beautiful resort! Would go back in a heartbeat, no complaints what's so ever! However, the driver will try to persuade you to go to Junkanoo beach and tell you that the Grand Lucayan was destroyed by the hurricane!! Don't listen to the driver and insist on going to resort.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

How was the food and drinks? Do you have a waiter that comes and takes your order or do you stand in a long line? We are thinking about booking this day pass ahead of time for our cruise in September.:cool:

We didn't have anything to eat but we did have a few drinks. We stayed mainly by the infinity pool and there was people walking around taking orders for drinks. I went to the bar as well and there where no lines for food or drinks. I'm not sure if there's people on the beach taking orders or not. The place was wonderful and it wasn't overly crowded the day we went.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the info jinaworm! Did the couple pay $40 pp or total? I'm looking at the resort's website and it says Breakers Cay Day Pass is $20 for those over 13 years old.

Ā 

"This pass grants access to the resort grounds, including the beach and Serpentine Pool Deck, as well as use of beach and pool chairs. This pass does not include use of towels, nor access to all-inclusive Lighthouse Pointe. Guests may purchase drinks and food using credit cards only. Passes are based on availability and may be purchased on Retail Street at the entrance to the resort."

I just want to be sure I'm understanding everyone's posts. One last question, where do you catch the shuttle? Thanks so much!

The cost is $20 per person. I paid for my drinks with cash and they didn't say anything about having to use a credit card. The shuttle was a bus right outside of the port. They will have several lined up. You will see people holding up signs and asking where you need to go. I wasn't for sure what to do, I just told them where I wanted to go and they pointed me in the right direction. Super easy!!

Ā 

Ā 

• 2 years later...