Seating and beds on Viking

mocrimlaw

We recently returned from a great cruise on Oceania, where we really enjoyed everything, especially the bed. I am looking at a Viking to Scandinavia, only because I like the itinerary with the Norwegian fjords added in. But the beds don't seem like they will be as comfy (soft, for me, as I use a Sleep Number bed at home) as Oceania. And the chairs in the common areas don't look very comfortable in their brochures - the sort-of minimalist design, rather than comfy chairs like on Oceania. Is this correct, or am I wrong? I would hate not having a comfy place to sit or sleep for 2 weeks. Thanks!

Yes, comfort of beds is definitely personal preference but I didn't notice that they were uncomfortable. We slept very well on the Viking Star. As to the seating, don't let Scandinavian sleek and pared down design fool you into think they're not good for sitting and lounging. Because they are. :D

There are several common areas where you can go to have a drink, a bite to eat , read, meet with friends or just relax. The seating in one area will be different from another. There are many comfy seating areas with gorgeous sea views on the Viking Oceans ships.

Becki

I completely agree. Beds on the Sea were very nice. We donot like to sleep under a duvet. We asked for a top sheet upon meeting our steward and it was there for our first night. We also had the duvet removed and replaced by several cashmere blankets. Perfect!

Yes, comfort of beds is definitely personal preference but I didn't notice that they were uncomfortable. We slept very well on the Viking Star. As to the seating, don't let Scandinavian sleek and pared down design fool you into think they're not good for sitting and lounging. Because they are. :D

Thanks everyone - that does help. It sounds silly, but I can never sleep on the European hotel beds which are so hard, but the Oceania beds were great.

Are you thinking of those awful rock-hard beds that you find in Italian hotels, by any chance? Those of the stuff of nightmares. Viking beds are nice and comfy!

Yes Deirdre, those Italian hotel beds are the beds I was thinking of - they are truly awful when you are used to soft beds! I was also thinking the sofas and chairs look like Ikea furniture, stiff rather than comfy.