pricing of A1 and A2 on Infinity

cbradley1209

Hi,

I am looking at two cruises on the Infinity. I really would prefer Aqua class. The cruises I am looking at are Antarctica January 2018 and South America/Carnival Feb 2018.

The A2 cabins are less expensive than the A1. Is that usually the case? I'm not familiar with the Infinity, but I have tried to look for the pros and cons of A1 vs A2.

Thanks for your help-chris

Yes, the A1 cabins are "better" and a higher price than the A2's, generally. Probably mostly just because of location. Depending on your status with Celebrity, you may qualify for an upgrade at no charge. We were able to book an A1 on our cruise on the Equinox next year for the price of the A2. Very happy, as we scored a cabin on the hump!

If you're a Captains Club member with a ranking of Classic or above (In other words you have sailed with Celebrity at least once before) then you will be able to take advantage of the free one category upgrade.

Therefore you can book an A1 at an A2 price. Hope that helps.

a

Hi,

I am looking at two cruises on the Infinity. I really would prefer Aqua class. The cruises I am looking at are Antarctica January 2018 and South America/Carnival Feb 2018.

The A2 cabins are less expensive than the A1. Is that usually the case? I'm not familiar with the Infinity, but I have tried to look for the pros and cons of A1 vs A2.

Thanks for your help-chris

It essentially just comes down to personal preference.

On Infinity the aqua cabins on the sides of decks 9 and 11 are private, have small balconies and no obstructions below them.

Sun lovers prefer deck 11 because there is only a small overhang above those balconies, so you get lots of sun but the balcony gets wet when it rains.

Shade lovers prefer deck 9, which has a large overhang above the balconies, so you can use your balcony and stay dry even in pouring rain, while others dislike the large overhang and the struts that support it.

Some passengers like the aqua cabins on the stern of deck 11 for the wake view, easy access to the bar deck that extends out right below, and deeper balconies than the side cabins, even though those aft balconies are not private (some more private than others), and have partially obstructed views.

They all have pros and cons, so I would say to decide based on the features that matter most to you.

Edited by varoo