Coin Operated Laundrymats on Princess

makawe

I avoid the ships laundry like the plague and do our washing in our stateroom bathroom on the ship and I don't care if it looks like a Chinese laundry to our steward when he comes in to service the room. I've heard too many stories about incidents in ships laundries and got involved in one when I used the laundry on the Aria earlier in the year.

With only two sea days before we go elite with Princess I cant wait so that I can get the ship to do our laundry under the benefits of the Captains Circle scheme.

Just remember that there may be some items you don't want them to wash as the ship's laundry service can be quite harsh on the clothing.

Had planned to do just that! Wish we could buy those 3 in one sheets here in NZ that I see the Americans talking about all the time....
Woolworths (here in Aus) used to sell 'Dizolve' laundry sheet packs. They don't seem to stock it any more. But you could try some your local grocery stores - see if they stock it.

The sheets certainly are way more convenient to pack than the other product forms (powder or liquid capsules).

With the incident on the Aria all I wanted to do was to dry some clothes as they were taking a bit to dry in the cabin. I put the clothes in the drier and I wasn't going anywhere until they were dried, halfway through the cycle a lady came in and started going through my drier and my clothes and then the clothes basket I was using disappeared in front of my eyes. The result was I couldn't get out of the joint fast enough.

I have heard many stories about punch ups taking place in ships laundries and on one eventful trip on the old Pac Sun saw one group get kicked off the ship at Mystery Island due to a fight that started over a drier or a washing machine that got completely out of hand. P&O arranged for a twin engine light aircraft to land on the island as a result of that incident.

Like I said I try to avoid ships laundries like the plague.

I wont even comment on that line

With the incident on the Aria all I wanted to do was to dry some clothes as they were taking a bit to dry in the cabin. I put the clothes in the drier and I wasn't going anywhere until they were dried, halfway through the cycle a lady came in and started going through my drier and my clothes and then the clothes basket I was using disappeared in front of my eyes. The result was I couldn't get out of the joint fast enough.

I have heard many stories about punch ups taking place in ships laundries and on one eventful trip on the old Pac Sun saw one group get kicked off the ship at Mystery Island due to a fight that started over a drier or a washing machine that got completely out of hand. P&O arranged for a twin engine light aircraft to land on the island as a result of that incident.

Like I said I try to avoid ships laundries like the plague.

I would have challenged her as soon as she opened the dryer I was using! What a cheek. :eek:

I agree the lass had a cheek and I certainly challenged her in fact I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

From what I have heard that sort of occurrence is not uncommon if I have to use the laundry on board I won't leave the laundry until the job is done. There is no way would I leave any washing machine or drier I was using unattended.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had it once on a land tour with the hotel's machine room. I had washed a load of jeans and shirts and then put them in the dryer for 1hr, I was the only one in there using one of 3 dryer machines but two other people had been using the washers.

I came back at the 1/2 hour mark to find my clothes on top of the machine and someone else's clothes in the machine I was using, there was still 1/2 hour to go. I went to stop the machine and the lady said, that my run had finished so she started hers. I said really, the third person just sat there shaking her head as she knew what the other person had done, so I said, give me $3 and you can leave your stuff in my go and I can wait. She reluctantly handed over the money. She wasn't a very pleasant lady anyway, but found the majority of the tour group would shun her for the remainder (week) of the tour. With out naming names, the tour guide made an announcement on the bus asking people to respect other people and their property, as I hadn't said anything, I presume the third person must have mentioned something to them.

Edited by MicCanberra

It's sad that we have to worry about things like that. That people have no respect for other people's belongings.

Maybe the machines need to be equipped with some sort of lock with a key that the user can take with them, or provides a unique code per wash/dry that has to be keyed in before the machine can be opened at the end of it's cycle. Something that stops other people taking over your dryer cycle or, even worse, helping themselves to some of your clothes.

It's sad that we have to worry about things like that. That people have no respect for other people's belongings.

Maybe the machines need to be equipped with some sort of lock with a key that the user can take with them, or provides a unique code per wash/dry that has to be keyed in before the machine can be opened at the end of it's cycle. Something that stops other people taking over your dryer cycle or, even worse, helping themselves to some of your clothes.

The laundry I was using on Diamond, you couldn't open the door after it started.

One poor lady put her money in then started to put her clothes in, but bumped the door and it closed before she got anything in. Waste of $3 a lovely dry load of nothing. I was surprised they weren't like that on all ships it seems.

But if it was locked and someone's load is finished, and they are not around, then what would happen, bedlam.

But if it was locked and someone's load is finished, and they are not around, then what would happen, bedlam.

True, well maybe it could be programmed to unlock after the cycle finished. The idea of having a lock would be to stop other people stopping the machine while it is running, taking your clothes out, putting theirs in and using your token credit to wash/dry their clothes.

Actually I'm sure the washers on one ship (Dawn Princess?) did lock until the wash cycle was complete. It was only the dryers that didn't.

True, well maybe it could be programmed to unlock after the cycle finished. The idea of having a lock would be to stop other people stopping the machine while it is running, taking your clothes out, putting theirs in and using your token credit to wash/dry their clothes.

Actually I'm sure the washers on one ship (Dawn Princess?) did lock until the wash cycle was complete. It was only the dryers that didn't.

Front loading washers always lock I think.

Front loading washers always lock I think.

Correct.

delete,trying to quote individual sentences,not having much luck.

individual sentences

Hit quote, which will show the post you are trying to quote with the quote and end quote commands around it.

Remove the sentences you don't want. In the example, second quote above, I've removed everything but the words "individual quote" from the original post at the top.

delete,trying to quote individual sentences,not having much luck.

Hit quote, which will show the post you are trying to quote with the quote and end quote commands around it.

Remove the sentences you don't want. In the example, second quote above, I've removed everything but the words "individual quote" from the original post at the top.

Now, if you want to quote from two different posts:

- go to the first post and click ""

- go to the second post and click quote.

Both posts will be quoted. Delete any bits you don't want then add your comments below the second quote.