Naples to FCO

lifeasme123

As we nearing our trip, I want to circle back on this post I originated months ago.

I ended up booking a few rooms at Hilton Rome Airport where we will stay after the cruise and fly out the next day.

I am still looking for a way to go from Rome to Naples Cruise Port. I've contacted various transportation providers and got quotes (roundtrip) between 1000 - 3000+ Euros, approximately 3 hour ride. Quite a big range. There are 9 of us in the group - 6 adults, 2 teens and 1 child. DH wants to ride the fast train (for the experience I guess). lol.

Our accommodation is near Piazza Navona. I assume we will take taxis / shuttles / or something to Termini Station to get on the train. From Naples train station we would take taxi or shuttle to the cruise port. On the return, we would taxi / shuttle from cruise port to Naples central station for a train ride to FCO.

My questions:

1. Is the above scenario doable with the group size and luggage?

2. Where are luggage stored on the train? Would we have to take to our seats? I am trying to determine the difficulty.

3. Any ideas on costs to Termini and from Naples station to the cruise port?

Or should we just go ahead and book the private transportation? We like the idea of the train because (1) for the experience and (2) the travel time is less than a private mini bus.

TIA

I've know many families of your size that travel as you are planning but in all honesty most of them opted for private transport in a 14 seater van. Regardless of cost

For my family of 6 we even went as far as to pay 50 e for a 3 mile trip from hotel to termini in a romecabs van. Thank you Stefano for the last minute ride after I emailed you frantically about this after I saw rush hour traffic on the metro at 8 am and realized there was no way we were doing it with luggage!!! Lol

Also we cruised out of Rome or Venice which we easily accessible and of course a minivan seats 9 including driver so that helped

However to answer the question...Rome to Naples cruise port...

Taxi to termini from hotel

High speed train termini to Napoli centrale

Taxi to cruise port

You say you have different group units on this trip so honestly each unit takes separate taxis

In your case I guess it means splitting up into 3/4 taxis

But as I previously posted perhaps a private 14 seater van can replace the taxi rides

The cost split between all the adults of course

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

1/2 of the group is flying home to US. the other half is going to LHR. There was much flexibilty out of FCO than NAP.

I was thinking of a regional flight Naples to Rome and home to wherever from there

In your case you will do fine ....however...

1. It will be a lot of schlepping and connecting

Or

2. It will be costly to do it privately

I've know many families of your size that travel as you are planning but in all honesty most of them opted for private transport in a 14 seater van. Regardless of cost

For my family of 6 we even went as far as to pay 50 e for a 3 mile trip from hotel to termini in a romecabs van. Thank you Stefano for the last minute ride after I emailed you frantically about this after I saw rush hour traffic on the metro at 8 am and realized there was no way we were doing it with luggage!!! Lol

Also we cruised out of Rome or Venice which we easily accessible and of course a minivan seats 9 including driver so that helped

However to answer the question...Rome to Naples cruise port...

Taxi to termini from hotel

High speed train termini to Napoli centrale

Taxi to cruise port

You say you have different group units on this trip so honestly each unit takes separate taxis

In your case I guess it means splitting up into 3/4 taxis

But as I previously posted perhaps a private 14 seater van can replace the taxi rides

The cost split between all the adults of course

I am sorry but I do not understand your post.

From our Rome hotel to Termini - I plan to have 3 cabs for our group of 9. From Termini we will take the Freece train to Napoli Centrale. From there it will be 3 cabs/taxis to Napoli port. If there is a possibility to hire a van to take all of us in one trip, I would be open to it. Since this is our first trip to Rome - we want to experience the high speed train.

On the way back we opted for the express bus to FCO. we will take cab/taxi from the port to the station. The bus was only 130 e for 9 people vs. ~600e for a private transfer The travel time between bus or private van is the same. We are not in a rush to get back to FCO. So this gives us a few hours to walk around Naples city center. I'll take the savings and spend that for our trip. I agree, and have thought about that the price diff split amongst 9 people is not much per person. But at the end of the day, we figured we take that savings and spend it on something else.