UDP Question

aneshka

I am 85 out and can book dining.

I am sailing escape this Dec and I have UDP. But I;m not sure which restaurants are included in the package. I DID read the FAQ but it is still confusing. :confused:

It seems like the only included specialty restaurants are Morderno and Teppanyaki. It's the only one showing up as "0.00". That doesn't seem like a very good deal if you think about it. Only 2 choices.

This is from the FAQ:

Q. IN WHICH VENUES WILL THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

A. The Ultimate Dining Package is honored in all specialty restaurants with the exception of Ocean Blue, a la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based dining, mini bar and room service.

It says this too, take note of the "ALL A LA CARTE".

A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants (Not included in the Ultimate Dining Package). These venues include: Sushi, Raw Bar, Food Republic, Hot Rock, Tapas Bar, Noodle Bar, Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, The Cellars, The District, Murder Mystery, Cirque Dreams & Dinner, Illusionarium, Supper Club, Wine Lovers, Pajama Jam, Bayamo and Pincho by Jose Garces.

La Cucina and Le Bistro is ala carte, that means I will have only get a 25% correct? Arg, why can't they word is simply.

Since this is UDP, this means I can dine every night in a specialty restaurant?

Edited by aneshka

It seems like the only included specialty restaurants are Morderno and Teppanyaki. It's the only one showing up as "0.00". That doesn't seem like a very good deal if you think about it. Only 2 choices.

Your UDP will cover Moderno, Teppanyaki, Cagney's, Margaritaville, La Cucina, & Le Bistro for apps, sides, 1 entree, and dessert.

An upcharge for $7 plus your UDP will cover Pincho Tapas Bar.

An upcharge for $15 plus your UDP will cover Bayamo.

An upcharge for $15 plus your UDP will cover Supper Club.

Since this is UDP, this means I can dine every night in a specialty restaurant?

Since you have the UDP (not limited by a certain number), you can dine in as many specialty restaurants that you want without extra charge unless you order an extra entree or go to a restaurant that requires an upcharge. If you want 7 lunches at Margaritaville and 7 dinners at Teppanyaki, you are covered IF you actually have the UDP and not the SDP/3UDP. If there is a number next to the letters UDP, it is limited to that number. If there is no number, it is unlimited.

There are places where the UDP is not used which require you to pay à la carte such as Food Republic, Dolce Gelato, and the Bake Shop.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

La Cucina and Le Bistro is ala carte, that means I will have only get a 25% correct? Arg, why can't they word is simply.

It's because they phased out the UDP just as they were phasing in à la carte pricing for some of the "original" specialty restaurants: Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina. In other words, when they wrote the terms of the UDP, those three restaurants were not à la carte, they still had a fixed cover charge per person. It would be nice if they updated the terms to make it clear that these three restaurants are still fully covered, but the UDP is now a legacy product and NCL can't be bothered.

When they talk about 25% off at à la carte dining, they are not talking about Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina, but about the venues that you listed above (sushi, tapas, Ocean Blue, etc.)