Sunshine OV vs Balcony cabin sizes

bphawk64

We have narrowed our search down to the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral in January but are now trying to decide on which cabin. Being that it's only a 5 day cruise that we are combining with some family plans I'm ok with an Oceanview room and am looking at the Promenade Deck 5 aft cabins as they are 220 sq feet and we will have 4 in the cabin. My wife says she would prefer to sacrifice the cabin size for a balcony but I read somewhere the balcony cabins on the Sunshine are only 185 sq ft including the balcony. Does anyone know the real size differences between these cabins? If the balcony cabin is 185 sq feet plus a balcony that would equal the 220 of the OV but a 150 sq foot cabin plus balcony would seem tiny for 2 people let alone a quad. Thanks for the help.

We have narrowed our search down to the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral in January but are now trying to decide on which cabin. Being that it's only a 5 day cruise that we are combining with some family plans I'm ok with an Oceanview room and am looking at the Promenade Deck 5 aft cabins as they are 220 sq feet and we will have 4 in the cabin. My wife says she would prefer to sacrifice the cabin size for a balcony but I read somewhere the balcony cabins on the Sunshine are only 185 sq ft including the balcony. Does anyone know the real size differences between these cabins? If the balcony cabin is 185 sq feet plus a balcony that would equal the 220 of the OV but a 150 sq foot cabin plus balcony would seem tiny for 2 people let alone a quad. Thanks for the help.

That is correct. If you look at the side of the ship, the OV cabins are in line with the steel of the ship. Where the balconies start, the balconies are in line with the steel. That means that the balcony takes away from the 220 sq ft of the cabin leaving 185 in the cabin.

For a 5-day sailing you will not have that much time to enjoy your balcony.

We are in an OV on deck 5 on the Sunshine for a 7-day sailing to Canada that can accommodate 4 people and would not consider switching to a balcony since there is so many things on deck 5. Plus, I believe that these are new cabins that were added to the ship.

MARAPRINCE

Thanks..that's what I'm thinking as well although my family has become a bit spoiled with balcony cabins. I like the idea of a bit more space in the cabin and am not sure we will use the balcony enough in January to warrant the extra $$. These OV Cabins on Deck 5 also appear to be very well located close to a lot of public areas.

Thanks..that's what I'm thinking as well although my family has become a bit spoiled with balcony cabins. I like the idea of a bit more space in the cabin and am not sure we will use the balcony enough in January to warrant the extra $$. These OV Cabins on Deck 5 also appear to be very well located close to a lot of public areas.

and they have mini fridges.

Personally I would take a smaller cabin with a balcony. I've only been on 4 and 5 day cruises and had plenty of time to enjoy my balcony. As long as I can afford it and it's not a ridiculous price difference I won't sail without one. It adds a huge value to my cruise because I don't enjoy sitting around the pool or in the over crowded public spaces I prefer to chill in my own space. It all comes down to what adds value to your cruise.