Two Deposits?

Hamilton_Rob

NCL will run specials that allow you to apply two CruiseNext certificates to a single booking. They typically only allow one per booking, so the promo to apply two is the special. They typically allow it for sailings that are close to departure date. Right now they will allow two CruiseNext certificates to be applied to sailings booked and sailed by December 31st of this year.

Are cruise next certificates only for deposits?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Technically yes, although as I posted above, I had already booked a cruise and paid the deposit. I was able to apply the CruiseNext certificates to the balance. You cannot use them to purchase anything on board, if that's what you're asking.

I will add this was prior to final payment and the price had not changed from the time I booked until the time I used the certificates, so I just as easily could have cancelled & rebooked using the certificates. Its possible that's the reason I was able to use them in this manor.

Edited by MikeBTN

NCL will run specials that allow you to apply two CruiseNext certificates to a single booking. They typically only allow one per booking, so the promo to apply two is the special. They typically allow it for sailings that are close to departure date. Right now they will allow two CruiseNext certificates to be applied to sailings booked and sailed by December 31st of this year.

Thanks. Didn't notice the sail date restriction.

May I ask anyone who knows, where are you seeing this allowable benefit? I was told by one of the PCC's on board our last cruise that they were doing this so I purchased 4 on my last cruise and am on CC everyday and NCL periodically and have not as of yet seen this. Been waiting to see it to apply 2 to my next cruise. Thanks in advance!

May I ask anyone who knows, where are you seeing this allowable benefit? I was told by one of the PCC's on board our last cruise that they were doing this so I purchased 4 on my last cruise and am on CC everyday and NCL periodically and have not as of yet seen this. Been waiting to see it to apply 2 to my next cruise. Thanks in advance!

I check it by going to the NCL website and typing CuiseNext into the search feature. Once the page opens, the first, featured result will take you to the CruiseNext page. There is a banner on that page that has the promo information. Hope that helps....I'm not tech savvy enough to include the link......sorry!

Just call them. Someone on CC posted about this, so I called and had no problems applying the 2 certificates. Again, I had already paid the deposit on my cruise, and was still able to apply 2 certificates to the balance.

Here's a link to the terms & conditions: https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms

"CRUISENEXT PROMOTIONS

Double Your Rewards

Guests can apply 2 Cruise Rewards or 2 CruiseNext Deposits to one stateroom. This is a limited time offer valid for sailings 6 days or longer booked and sailed by December 31st 2016."

The double deposits have been in effect for over a year. HOWEVER- they aren't for those way early bookings. They always have expiration dates of sail by time. EG, March 31, was an expiration date- in March they extended the offer to August 31. In August, they extended it to Dec 31.

I would not be so sure, that the deposits are always going to be accepted on earlier bookings, so don't assume they will.

This deal works great with those who pick up late bookings like myself. :) But, maybe not, for infrequent, early booking cruisers.

The double deposits have been in effect for over a year. HOWEVER- they aren't for those way early bookings. They always have expiration dates of sail by time. EG, March 31, was an expiration date- in March they extended the offer to August 31. In August, they extended it to Dec 31.

I would not be so sure, that the deposits are always going to be accepted on earlier bookings, so don't assume they will.

This deal works great with those who pick up late bookings like myself. :) But, maybe not, for infrequent, early booking cruisers.

Thank You for your reply. I see you are from Syracuse. I just re located from Canastota to Virginia less than a year ago. Love being closer to the Miami Port, but miss the Amtrak from Syr to NYC & Boston. But loving it here. I have most always booked way early, min of 9 months, but this past cruise I booked about 3 weeks out waiting for a last minute deal & NCL did indeed ask if I wanted to use 2 cruise deposits (which I had on my account) so what you say makes a lot of sense. I will keep this in mind & wait for the last minute to cruise. It's a win win situation as long as I don't get walloped on the airfare! Thanks again. Not missing that 5 foot of snow I had up on the Oxbow in 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!