Just off the Golden...Any questions?

jennbk28

I just booked the Golden for Dec 31 7-day cruise out of San Juan. Is the pier located in the "Old San Juan" part of the city or somewhere else? We would like to stay at the Sheraton Old San Juan, as we have done in the past prior to a cruise.

Thanks.

What kind of shape did you find the ship in? I have been reading conflicting reports. How was the food in the dining room? Were the mattresses hard as rocks?

Any info on the ship would be great...we are going on the Golden Med cruise but not until next year but I have been reading some good, and some bad reviews....give me your opinion.

We were on the STAR Princess docked behind you in St. Thomas. I was so excited to see the Golden Princess in port. We sailed on her in Oct.2001 and were in Cabin 303. I really really like that ship and didn't think I'd get close enough again to see it without flying to San Juan. This trip, we not only got to cruise to San Juan, but saw the Golden, too!

The STAR is showing some wear. I hope the Golden is holding up. Weather was good until we got to Princess Cays-we ultimately didn't stop and sailed through some rough seas, and high winds all day Saturday and Saturday night.

Take care. I'm sure you all had a fine time!! Lynne

I'm just off the Golden as well. Wonderful trip! This was my 23rd cruise and definately one of my favorites. My only other experience with Princess was on the Grand last Christmas and the Golden was 100 percent better. Noticed very little wear and tear and thought the ship was very well taken care of. Service was great. Beds were comfortable (the bed on the Grand was hard as a rock). Omar did a good job. Very personable when you saw him around the ship. Would not hesitate to book the Golden again in a heartbeat. Would love to do the Transatlantic in May if the price is right.

What kind of shape did you find the ship in? I have been reading conflicting reports. How was the food in the dining room? Were the mattresses hard as rocks?

Any info on the ship would be great...we are going on the Golden Med cruise but not until next year but I have been reading some good, and some bad reviews....give me your opinion.

I was on the Golden on the 15th - the ship is in excellent condition. Very well taken care of. The mattresses were pretty firm. Dining room food was typical Princess.

We will be boarding the Golden on Nov. 12th. Postings on this board and talking with Princess reps (not that you get the same answer twice to ANY question) have said that the beds in the mini-suites have been changed to pillowtop and very comfortable.....what kind of cabin did you all have that just got off the Golden??? Thanks so much for the positive comments, I was getting a little worried by some of the negative remarks I've heard about the Golden. How was the entertainment and food??

Thank you all for responding!!!!

:) :) :)

We will be boarding the Golden on Nov. 12th. Postings on this board and talking with Princess reps (not that you get the same answer twice to ANY question) have said that the beds in the mini-suites have been changed to pillowtop and very comfortable.....what kind of cabin did you all have that just got off the Golden??? Thanks so much for the positive comments, I was getting a little worried by some of the negative remarks I've heard about the Golden. How was the entertainment and food??

Thank you all for responding!!!!

:) :) :)

The bed had been changed in my mini-suite (with new sheets). I don't know if they are pillow tops or not but it was still hard. New but hard (IMO). I still needed an egg crate mattress pad.

I just returned from the Golden. It was wonderful. I went with my mother,sil,and her mother-ages 40-70. We had a great time. I was a little worried as people had told me it would be a much more quiet cruise than others i've been on.(carnival,norwegian) Very wrong!!! There was a great range of ages and enough to do for all. I have to say...this crowd were the most fun i've ever seen on a cruise. People stayed up later than the others and there was plenty to do at all hours of the night. We were in rooms a247 &251 which were fully covered balcony rooms. There was plenty of room and storage for two although the bathrooms were tiny. The crew were the friendliest i've had. We ate in the personal choice dining rooms and never had a wait. We usually arrived between 6:30-7:00. The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was the room service menu. There were not alot of choices. Entertainment was great . For shore excursions we chose the shopping & beach in st. thomas, afternoon beach bash in st. martin and the catamaran with lunch in antigua which was my favorite. My mother even jumped off the boat in the middle of the ocean!! Anyone who choses this ship will be happy. dlon:):):):):)

Was wondering if Princess changed the dinner menu's on all of their ships? I saw a menu from the caribbean princess and I did not see my favorite appetizer escargot!!!! I was surprised not to see it as it has always been on every Princess cruise I have taken. Can any of the recent Golden cruisers tell me if they had this yummy app?

Was wondering if Princess changed the dinner menu's on all of their ships? I saw a menu from the caribbean princess and I did not see my favorite appetizer escargot!!!! I was surprised not to see it as it has always been on every Princess cruise I have taken. Can any of the recent Golden cruisers tell me if they had this yummy app?

On our Oct 15th cruise, we had "Continental Night" which is basically French Night with a different name. It did have escargot on it. In the Caribbean - they sometimes drop this menu and use the Caribbean Menu instead. It definitely was on our menu 3 weeks ago.

Archived