Recent Empress Debarkation

Can recent Empress cruisers speak to the debarkation process? The reviews I've read through today mentioned they did self debarkation. I was wondering the general debarkation time frame if I want to do normal debarkation but need to be off the ship fairly early to make an 11:30am flight from FLL. The ship docks at 7am. Is this do-able?

I would prefer not to lug my suitcase off but I suppose I can if that's what it takes. Does the self debarkation have a luggage size limit?

Can recent Empress cruisers speak to the debarkation process? The reviews I've read through today mentioned they did self debarkation. I was wondering the general debarkation time frame if I want to do normal debarkation but need to be off the ship fairly early to make an 11:30am flight from FLL. The ship docks at 7am. Is this do-able?

I would prefer not to lug my suitcase off but I suppose I can if that's what it takes. Does the self debarkation have a luggage size limit?

We were on Empress last weekend and we were in group 4 and walked off the ship at 825. We were in a cab on the way to the airport within an hour. In Miami, there is no Global Entry line so you will spend time in line unless you leave early with the self-disembarking passengers. If you can carry and manage your luggage, you can self-disembark early.

Thanks for sharing your recent experience. Does "carry" my luggage equal rolling it off? Or do I literally have to carry it? I know I'd have to get it down the stairs regardless since elevators are hard to come by on debarkation day.
I disembarked on 9/8/16, rolled my luggage off and used the elevators. I don't think the whole process including ICE took more than 20 minutes. One of the easiest disembarkations I ever had.

Thanks for sharing your recent experience. Does "carry" my luggage equal rolling it off? Or do I literally have to carry it? I know I'd have to get it down the stairs regardless since elevators are hard to come by on debarkation day.

Rolling/carrying.....in either case means 'on your own'. We have rolling suitcases, and use them all the time, via self assist departure. We just walk off when we are ready to go.

We just got off the Empress this morning. We didn't do the DIY disembarkation, but when we arrived at the Royal Theater at 7:45 for our 8:15 transfer to the airport, the self-debarkation was already complete, and we were able to walk off and collect our luggage with no wait at all. We were at MIA by 9:00, and were at our gate by 9:30, in plenty of time for our 1:00 flight.

Hope this helps.

Roll off where you can. Lift it where you can't.

We just got off the Empress this morning. We didn't do the DIY disembarkation, but when we arrived at the Royal Theater at 7:45 for our 8:15 transfer to the airport, the self-debarkation was already complete, and we were able to walk off and collect our luggage with no wait at all. We were at MIA by 9:00, and were at our gate by 9:30, in plenty of time for our 1:00 flight.

Hope this helps.

Wow! That definitely helps put my mind at ease! Thanks! :)

I should mention that the ride to MIA is shorter than the ride to FLL, and since your flight is at 11:30, you might not have quite the time cushion that we had. To play it safe, I'd suggest that you let guest services know when your flight is, and ask for the earliest disembarkation possible.