Diamond-Emerald Deck Mini's-Noise?

where next?

I currently have a mini-suite booked on the Dolphin but am thinking about changing it to a mini-suite on the Emerald deck so I have a covered balcony. My concern is that Club Fusion is just below, along with the Promenade deck. Am I worrying over nothing?? icon_smile.gif

Bobbie

Days until our next cruise - Diamond Princess - April 23, 2005 !!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;4;23;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Cruises so far:

Norwegian Dawn - April 2004

Norwegian Dawn - April 2003

Please..... icon_smile.gifThis is our first Princess cruise and it took alot to convince my husband that he wanted to cruise again!!! He looks at his balcony as a place to escape the crowds.

Hasn't someone stayed in one of the AFT mini-suites on the Emerald deck?

Thank you for any input.... icon_wink.gif

Bobbie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;4;23;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Cruises so far:

Shortly after the inaugural cruise of the Diamond there were a few comments made about the aft cabin noise on the Emerald deck. I am pleased to say that the reports were very favourable....no noise icon_biggrin.gif When the "FIND" option on this site is working you might try to look for posts by stepg. I think that is who gave the "no noise" report. I'm relying on that info as we are in E731 in February.

Cruising! It's like being in the Garden of Eatin'!

Where Next... we've just got back from the Diamond. The dolphin Mini-suites are fantastic - no mini's on Emerald!!!

This is the first time we had an uncovered balcony - it was great - especially to soak up the Alaskan sun. you don't need covering - the people above us said they got too cold in the shade on their covered balcony. Perfect for Alaska - and they are much, much bigger than the balconies on the other decks. We were in D609 and my sister was in D319 - no noise whatsoever.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;6;19;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Until Millenium 9/6/2004 to Europe!

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

zebra, hate to disagree with you here but there are mini-suites on the Emerald deck on the Diamond Princess....there are 2 cat AE mini-suites that have larger balconies and 16 cat AD mini-suites. These are mini-suites that are completely covered too.

Cruising! It's like being in the Garden of Eatin'!

That is correct Beryl, their are mini-suites aft on Emerald deck on the Diamond. I just got off the Diamond 5-8 to Alaska and was in a Vista Suite (E733). Their was absolutely no noise from Club Fusion down below even during night time music hours.

What a fantastic location! I think I will always want to book an Aft cabin now. The suite made it that much better as the balcony was huge.

So bottom line, no noise on this deck from below.

Happy Sailing! :-)

MTS

Diamond is very well sound insolated, I rarely heard anything but the usual cabin door bang of a neighbor, why do they put 3000 lb closing springs on cabins, yes I know about sea worthyness and leaks but geez... we were on lido, water gets up 14 stories we got bigger problems than leaks.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

srphnx - how did you like the Lido deck? what cabin did you have? we're in L200 which is right in the front next to what seems to be the bridge....I think it'll be fine but haven't heard from anyone who has stayed on lido. Thanks.

We were in L214, It was NICE, we liked having a cabin on a deck that wasn't all cabins, made it feel like we weren't sailing in a hallway.

Here is the best tip you will get, the lotus spa has male and female changing rooms, you can use the HUGE showers there without spa services, just put on your robe and head up one deck.

Also it is one quick elevator ride straight up from the Theater and a quick no elevator trip to the buffet, we liked the "on top" of the ship feel we had, one other benefit, they disembark from the TOP down.

Good luck when do you sail?

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

Great tips - thanks...especially about the HUGE showers in the spa..did you use any of the spa services - were they worth the price?

We sail on 8/22...

We thought being close to the buffet was a "good thing" too.

Linda

Well, you and your hubby should have NO WORRIES! I was in E715 on the Diamond, and I honestly did not even put toghether that Club Fusion was right below us. seriously! I didnt even see it was there and connect the dots until we were disembarking and I looked at the ship from the side. Let me know if you have any other questions from that "neck of the woods"!

Have a great time!!!

Casey

Linda,

We didn't use the spa, it was as expected sortof pricey and there was a bit of hard sell on the "products" we had one gal in our group spend $600 in the spa, she didn't look $600 better to me. Good luck on 8/22, nice time of year for it, you will be VERY spoiled.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by e095521:

Great tips - thanks...especially about the HUGE showers in the spa..did you use any of the spa services - were they worth the price?

We sail on 8/22...

We thought being close to the buffet was a "good thing" too.

Linda<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

Zebra-Thank you for your imput on D deck, we have a mini suite booked on the Sapphire in July/Alaska. I have concerns over the uncovered balcony in bad weather & lack of privacy. Glad to hear you were very happy with your experience. Thanks, Liz

Thank you to everyone who helped me out - I LOVE these boards! icon_smile.gif

I also found terrific pictures on Cruiseclues website that put all of this in perspective for me.

I am switching to one of the Emerald deck mini-suites!

Happy sailing and I look forward to "talking with" all of you on the Princess boards. I've only been on NCL's boards so far....

Bobbie

Cruises so far:

CASEY -

I am also going to be in E715 and E711 on the Diamond next month. I was curious about the life boats. It appears from the diagrams that E711 is the first mini after the lifeboats - did you happen to notice them? Do they protrude out beyond the balcony? One last question (for now icon_wink.gif) - how much of a breeze was there on the covered balcony when the ship was moving? I know obviously it will depend on weather, but I was hoping that being covered would lessen the wind. Sorry for all the questions, but having someone that has been in our exact cabin is too great to pass up on getting info! I lied - one more ?...Did the 4th bed come down from the ceiling or out of the wall? Hate to bump heads on it - I'll put the kids in that one! THANK YOU for any answers or advice!

Tracy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;26;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

DIAMOND ALASKA

No noise from Club Fusion from E771 on the Inaugural.

* Star Princess 07/04 *

Diamond Princess 03/04

Sun Princess 12/03

Grand Princess 12/02

Royal Princess 08/02

Ocean Princess 08/01

Pacific Princess 12/00

Carla C. 03/83

Tracy,

This picture did it for me (thanks to cruiseclues website that puts so much info together). I switched from the Dolphin to Emerald deck on the Diamond Princess.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janelandbob/detail?.dir=/3507&.dnm=d252.jpg

Hope this works...and helps!

Bobbie

Cruises so far:

Bobbie -

Thanks so much for the photo - it is the best I have seen of "MY" cabin! LOL We also switched from Dolphin to Emerald - we had to in order to have the kids next to us. My sisters have mini's on the Dolphin(opposite side of the ship from us) - so I figure we will get to experience both mini's and make a fair comparison! Gosh - I hope they don't like mine so much that I have to share (I'll send them to the kids room! LOL!!!)

Tracy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;26;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

DIAMOND ALASKA

Sorry, didn't think about the aft cabins being mini-suites - I was talking about the port & starboard sides.... silly me!

Tracy, about the balconies on Dolphin. This is obviously a personal preference but I certainly think on an Alaskan Inside Passage cruise the Dolphin Mini's have the advantage. Seeing we cruise North/South and the sun travels East/West you get a lot of sun on the balcony. As for the wind. it doesn't really come from the top but either straight at you or from the sides. These verandahs still have the exact same partitions on either side for privacy and to break the wind - you are only exposed to the people above you. We saw the elderly couple above us once on the whole cruise! One needs to keep in mind - Alaskan cruises are a "different animal" a) they tend to draw predominantly an older crowd (who seldom go outside be it for the pools, verandahs etc) - not to say there wern't many younger people on board - and b) unlike Caribbean cruises one enjoys every bit of sun one can get up there.

Even if you have a covered balcony - it is not totally covered above (we have had these 9 times) so if it rains, the rain will still drive in. Needless to say rain and cold temperatures mixed together are not the ideal weather to be out in!!!

If anyone was wondering about noise from the lowering of tenders - this doesn't happen on this cruise. The Diamond docks at every port so no noisy tenders being lowered!! In Juneau we were docked with the Oosterdam and the Radiance of the Seas had to tender.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;6;19;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Until Millenium 9/6/2004 to Europe!

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I meant to say mini-suite E711 on the Diamond, which is FULLY covered by the way.

Our steward Michal from Poland was a bonus.

* Star Princess 07/04 *

Diamond Princess 03/04

Sun Princess 12/03

Grand Princess 12/02

Royal Princess 08/02

Ocean Princess 08/01

Pacific Princess 12/00

Carla C. 03/83

Tracy,

It will be interesting to see what you think of both balconies.

I'll take that into considering another cruise...as my screen name says....WHERE NEXT? icon_biggrin.gif

Bobbie

Cruises so far:

Archived