Boarding Ecstasy in Charleston

SororitySue

Your friends will drop you off. You then take your luggage to a tent station and hand your luggage over to a porter. You then walk to another waiting area for a short shuttle ride to the terminal. Reason being they do not want you walk over narrow bridges to the "terminal". Very small terminal. we breezed through and they really had their act together. Hope the info helps.

We cruised twice out of Charleston. Once was three years ago and then three weeks ago. They have really improved the port parking procedures, and it was a breeze. My far the easiest embarkation and debarkation I have delt with this last time.

As far as being dropped off, I'm not sure.

In reference to above, you can now walk too and from the terminal to parking if you choose.

Drop off's follow the taxis. You pull up under a tent and the porters take your luggage. Then you walk to the check in tent then onward to the ship for security then receive your s and s card. Very easy process.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I will be parking at terminal for October 8th cruise. Several years ago we had to park down the street in a big open space where they used to keep cargo. A friend told me he parked across the street in a high rise parking structure. Does anyone know where they park you now?? Thanks

Just off Ecstasy September 8th. We parked in a big warehouse down the street from the ship. Very easy walk (10 to 15 minutes)....we did not drop off our luggage at the white tent. We had carryon only....it was only 5 nights and we are platinum so could take our bags right to the room. We walked across the little bridge and checked in.....from the time we parked to the time we were putting luggage in our room was about 30 minutes. LOVE Charleston port...wish every port was this easy!!

On our upcoming cruise, we will be earning our Platinum status. I assume that until the cruise is over we will still be Gold. That being said, when will we be able to take our luggage to our room? We will just have carryon and I am wondering how long after check in I will have to lug it around?

On our upcoming cruise, we will be earning our Platinum status. I assume that until the cruise is over we will still be Gold. That being said, when will we be able to take our luggage to our room? We will just have carryon and I am wondering how long after check in I will have to lug it around?

My understanding was that if you reach a different level during a cruise you will be the new level all cruise.

Just off Ecstasy September 8th. We parked in a big warehouse down the street from the ship. Very easy walk (10 to 15 minutes)....we did not drop off our luggage at the white tent. We had carryon only....it was only 5 nights and we are platinum so could take our bags right to the room. We walked across the little bridge and checked in.....from the time we parked to the time we were putting luggage in our room was about 30 minutes. LOVE Charleston port...wish every port was this easy!!

I was wondering that for the port of Norfolk as well. Only a 5 day cruise, can't I just take my bags on the ship with me? Oh, but we're not Platinum. :(

Edited by Shirleybird

Before we were platinum we would often take the luggage and just drop off in the room. They were usually still cleaning but said it was not a problem. A few times the doors to the halls were closed so we did not go in until 1:00. I have almost always had room ready by 1:00 (1:30 one time).

And the few times we still had our luggage it was only an hour till we could go in. Not a big deal.

What time would you say is best to get to the port?

We arrived at 11:30 and they were just starting to let people in the lot. Someone else here said they do not let you in till 11:30?

Our check in time on boarding passes said 12:00-12:30 but if your platinum you can check in anytime. I did see they were checking times on peoples boarding passes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Critterlover,

The same thing is going to happen to us on our cruise on Ecstasy out of Charleston. Would you post on this site, what your experience was like as far as platinum is concerned.

Thanks,

Jim & Pam