Tell me about the "Cruise the Vineyards" program

MaiTaiMary

We are thinking about getting the wine package on our cruise next week.

How does it work? You can purchase it anywhere or just the MDR? You get vouchers for the bottles or they keep track for you? Are all of the wines the same on all of the ships? I took a picture of the selections on our cruise earlier in the year. Just wondering if the wines will be the same.

Thanks. :)

We purchase a wine package soon after we board. There's usually a spot in the lobby/atrium, but you can buy it in the MDR. There are three packages: basic, deluxe and premium. We've seen some changes in the wines offered, but across the fleet, not just one ship.

You get a little book of tickets with the list of wines on the back. Ours was delivered to our cabin before dinner.

Hand one to the waiter at dinner or a bartender if you want a bottle for your cabin, tell him/her what you want and that's all there is to it.

I've heard if you don't finish a bottle, they will store it and bring it to you the next night. Of course, we don't really understand the concept of leftover wine!

Hope this helps!

The above poster hits right on the head. We've done the 7 bottle package every time. The last time on PRIDE there was no table set up in the Atrium upon boarding, but I found the packages for sale in the Fun Shops area a bit later. I've found that even the most expensive package includes some pretty mediocre (and heavily overpriced) wines, but buying the pkg ensures you get your wine promptly for dinner, plus you don't have to wait for another glass of wine once you finish your first (we all know how slow/nonexistent bar service can be in the MDR).

Here's what it says on Carnival web site.

Cruise the Vineyards Wine Packages

Purchase one of our packages and save up to 25% on a great selection of wines. Cruise the Vineyards can be purchased on board our ships (ask your dining room waiter) or by calling ‘The Fun Shops’ Department at 1-800-522-7648, 8:00am-12:00am ET (not offered online).

We purchase for our cruises ahead of time through Carnival. Sometimes the vouchers are waiting in our cabin and sometimes we have to get from head waiter in MDR on first night.

Please note that you can also get from room service, call them and they send up someone (within 15 mins) to get your voucher and take your order for which wine you want. Then they bring it up to your room typically within 15 mins, we do this sometimes while getting ready for dinner. We always bring a wine opener with us but they will open for you (no corkage fee assessed). At dinner each night we order a bottle at same time we order dessert. We take that bottle back to cabin for later.

We like the program and combined with what we bring on the ship we have enough for us. :)

Edited by Drazil65