Port Everglades Earliest Staggered Check In Time Slot

luvtovaca

We are booked on the Conquest in December. I know Port Everglades has not started using the staggered check in yet, but will be (soon). The earliest check in slot I could choose was 11:30-12. Anyone on upcoming sailings who can tell me if earlier slots were available for their sail dates? Just curious how many will be ahead of us as I am usually THAT cruiser who makes the family get to the port early. This staggered thing is new to us, but don't worry we WILL respect the assigned time. The family is actually thrilled I won't be able to make them get there early!

Thanks everyone! If 11 seems to be earliest, then I guess getting 11:30 isn't too bad. I will try to relax about it now and enjoy sleeping in and not herding the fam off to port at my usual 9:30 or 10 :eek: Really my only fear is that we will be in long food lines once on board. Our first family cruise we wandered the ship and explored then decided to get food. DH ended up cranky about the lines and food running out by then. Haven't made that "rookie" mistake since!

We are booked on the Conquest in December. I know Port Everglades has not started using the staggered check in yet, but will be (soon). The earliest check in slot I could choose was 11:30-12. Anyone on upcoming sailings who can tell me if earlier slots were available for their sail dates? Just curious how many will be ahead of us as I am usually THAT cruiser who makes the family get to the port early. This staggered thing is new to us, but don't worry we WILL respect the assigned time. The family is actually thrilled I won't be able to make them get there early!

If the earliest time was 11am you are going to have 8 segments for check in up until 3pm. Assuming a sailing at 4.

Slightly less than 1500 cabins (check in is by cabin).

Even with only 2 per cabin that is roughly 3000 divided by 8 = 375 per segment.

Now add in all the Diamonds, Platinums, suites, and FTTF people that can show up when they want and you would still not know how many are ahead of you. :D:p

Maybe staggered check in will help many people with their anxiety about being early. ;)

Happy cruising!

Thanks everyone! If 11 seems to be earliest, then I guess getting 11:30 isn't too bad. I will try to relax about it now and enjoy sleeping in and not herding the fam off to port at my usual 9:30 or 10 :eek: Really my only fear is that we will be in long food lines once on board. Our first family cruise we wandered the ship and explored then decided to get food. DH ended up cranky about the lines and food running out by then. Haven't made that "rookie" mistake since!

They have plenty of food, no worries....there are worse things in the world than waiting in line to stuff your face

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

If the earliest time was 11am you are going to have 8 segments for check in up until 3pm. Assuming a sailing at 4.

Slightly less than 1500 cabins (check in is by cabin).

Even with only 2 per cabin that is roughly 3000 divided by 8 = 375 per segment.

Now add in all the Diamonds, Platinums, suites, and FTTF people that can show up when they want and you would still not know how many are ahead of you. :D:p

Maybe staggered check in will help many people with their anxiety about being early. ;)

Thank you. I will say that's waaaay too much math you got there, though! ;) I more wanted to know if there were one, two or more time slots ahead of ours. No anxiety over it, I'm just that traveler that would rather sit there early whether it's a cruise port or airport.

Edited by luvtovaca

They have plenty of food, no worries....there are worse things in the world than waiting in line to stuff your face

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Actually, on our first Carnival cruise they ran out of something particular DH wanted and the rest of the food was like being the last in line at a buffet that was about to end and wasn't being replenished or freshened. Don't worry, it didn't ruin our cruise or vacation, and I'm NOT complaining just stating it as it was. We obviously cruised Carnival many more times and have enjoyed every cruise. And, yes I agree, there are many more things worse than waiting in line to pig out. After all, that line will mean we are on vacation and on a cruise ship!:D

1100 is the earliest.