Dining Questions - Recent Experiences Wanted

We were on Harmony in June from

Barcelona and went to both 150 and Wonderland.

150 was indeed a la carte now, rather than the five course tasting menu. For me, the food quality was about the same, portion sizes (obviously) somewhat bigger, although not huge - this isn't a meal where you leave bursting at the seams, like Chops. I preferred it when it was a tasting menu, though - more special and unusual. The ambience and service is just the same, though.

I loved Wonderland. There isn't a choice in food at Wonderland, they just bring you things, but everything is fun and quirky - it's actually quite hard to describe.

We did go to Jamie's as well, but I got food poisoning from there unfortunately which meant I missed our (pre-paid) meal at Chops the following night so I'm probably not the best person to comment! I'm sure it was fine really. On our trip, we thought the service was a bit amateurish (e.g. things like them removing plates before we'd fully finished, not serving everyone's meal at the same time, that kind of thing).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

I am late in providing my thoughts on my experience in 150, perhaps because they aren't very positive.

I felt that at the price point, the meal should have been outstanding, but, it was not.

I had the Lobster Gnocchi, which was very tasty, but, could have been served warmer. My main was the lamb duo. The ground lamb meatball was nice, but, didn't make up for the dry and flavorless lamb. I probably should have sent this back and tried something different. For dessert, I had the chocolate tart. It was very good.

My companion sent back his appetizer as it was too cold. I think it was the veal bolognese? Can't remember. He enjoyed his prepared table side ribeye and chocolate tart.

Neither of us wished to repeat the experience on the Harmony TA and filled our other nights dining elsewhere. It's a shame as I very much enjoyed prior visits with the degustation menu on Oasis and Allure.

Better to be the one who smiled than the one who didn't smile back.