POA Sept. 17-24 My review of this wonderful Hawaiian Paradise.

lindiloo65

https://linchelstriptocahise.shutterfly.com/pictures/5

We arrived in Kauai on Thur. around 10AM. Make sure you are up on deck or looking out your balcony as the views are spectacular. My daughter had a shore excursion at 1PM with NCL. She was booked on the horseback riding trip. I didn't have anything until the Luau at 4:30. There were only 6 on the horseback riding trip but from the pictures she took it was a beautiful ride along the beach. I saw her off than went for lunch at the Cadillac diner. It is typical diner food-I had chicken fingers and french fries and for dessert brownie cheesecake which was delicious. Afterwards went to cabin and rested a bit and than got ready for the Luau. I elected to do the Smith Family Luau and booked it online directly since it was cheaper and transportation was also cheaper. I was picked up by Roberts on same bus that actually had a trip of their own. There were several buses going to the ships luau. When we got there rode a tram around the grounds which were beautiful. We than had to wait a bit for the pig digging ceremony. The pig was buried in a pit wrapped in banana leaves. Once that was done we went into the eating area and got drinks- had choice of mai tai, wine, fruit punch. The Smith family provided Hawaiian music and one of the women gave a hulu demonstration. We were than called to buffet by tables. The food was delicious and plentiful. I tried everything even the poi. After the meal we went to another area for the entertainment. We had to sit on metal bleachers that had cushions. The entertainment was really good. They had dancers from all the pacific islands and included China, Japan, and Phillipines also. Lasted about an hour and than we caught bus back to ship.

Day two started bright and early as we boarded a Roberts bus at 7AM for trip to Waimea Canyon. Our driver stopped at different lookout spots for us to take pictures. We also stopped at a gift shop. He talked about the private island that is owned by the Robertson family. Stopped also at rest stop and people had booths set up selling different items. When we got to the Canyon, it reminded me of the Grand Canyon but not as large but very beautiful. We stayed there for about half hour and than headed back to ship since we were sailing at 2PM. We went to Cadillac diner for lunch and I had the wings and potato salad. Beware their mild wings is very hot. We had milkshakes which were great. There is a charge of $4.95 for these. Went to the deck to be ready for the Napali Coast which the captain sailed by at 4:45PM so don't miss it because the views are spectacular. Went to get ready for dinner and we ate again at Jefferson Bistro. I had the Dover Sole and my daughter had the same shrimp dish. We both had the apple tarten which was delicious. Afterwards got suitcases ready to be put out-had to be out between 10 and Midnight. You have color coded tags based on when you want to leave ship. Or you can carry your own bags off. I elected to tip the room steward above the service charge since he did an excellent job. Next morning went for last breakfast buffet and went to deck 5 to wait for our time to be called to disembark. They call you according to your color on suitcase. We left at 8:45 and got suitcases and caught NCL shuttle to the airport. We had a 12:30 flight so once at airport did some more shopping and than waited for our plane. Disembarkation went very smoothly. We elected to stay two nights in Seattle and do an all day tour before heading back home on the 26th. Well this is my last post but will be glad to answer any questions you have. So Mahalo for reading my posts and Aloha for now.

Regretfully with a point and shoot the lava flow pics did not come out very well. But my daughter had her large digital camera and as soon as she gets a chance and can post I will post them here. Hers turned out really good.

Regretfully with a point and shoot the lava flow pics did not come out very well. But my daughter had her large digital camera and as soon as she gets a chance and can post I will post them here. Hers turned out really good.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing the pics. We missed seeing the night time lava flow by 1 week when we sailed POA 5 years ago.

You said you use a C-pap unit, did you bring your own water for it or did they supply it for you?

Enjoyed your review thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

The ship will supply it for you. Get in touch with customer services before you are due to go, should be in cabin when you get there.