Booked cabin slowing as unsold

compozer

An old friend called tonight and said that her cabin for a Baltic cruise next summer is showing up on the Princess site as available. Yet it is in her personslizer. My only thought is that she may have received an upgrade but hadn't been told yet.

Has this happened to any of you?

Edited by compozer

An old friend called tonight and said that her cabin for a Baltic cruise next summer is showing up on the Princess site as available. Yet it is in her personslizer. My only thought is that she may have received an upgrade but hadn't been told yet.

Has this happened to any of you?

Yes! This happened to me last December. I called Princess and they assured me that everything was ok I was indeed booked in the cabin that was showing available. This did not calm my worries that they would resell our cabin. The next day it was showing unavailable but I still thought someone could have reserved it during the time it was available. My fears were unfounded as we got on the ship and had the correct cabin but nobody at Princess could tell met why this happened.

Yes! This happened to me last December. I called Princess and they assured me that everything was ok I was indeed booked in the cabin that was showing available. This did not calm my worries that they would resell our cabin. The next day it was showing unavailable but I still thought someone could have reserved it during the time it was available. My fears were unfounded as we got on the ship and had the correct cabin but nobody at Princess could tell met why this happened.

That would have been my first inclination - to call Princess and get it cleared up. It's not a big surprise that their web site was screwing up though.

The cruise line is just trying to make more money on the cabin. I'm sure it will be lovely people she'll be sharing it with, hopefully they don't leave lights on, are messy and disorganized or snore.

Sent from my waffle iron using Blueberry Batter

Rusty

I'm sure it will be lovely people she'll be sharing it with, hopefully they don't leave lights on, are messy and disorganized or snore.

Sent from my waffle iron using Blueberry Batter

Rusty

GOOD ONE!!!!

She did call her ta and they called Princess who said they do have the cabin.

They have friends in the cabin next door and wanted to be close to them otherwise they don't really care where they are - it is such a port intense cruise.

Thanks for the posts

GOOD ONE!!!!

She did call her ta and they called Princess who said they do have the cabin.

They have friends in the cabin next door and wanted to be close to them otherwise they don't really care where they are - it is such a port intense cruise.

Thanks for the posts

If your friend and theirs want to assure they remain in cabins next to each other they should have Princess mark both cabins as do not upgrade.

I booked a cruise once. Checking on my reservation sometimes it showed as booked and sometimes it showed as available. Made me nuts. I finally figured it out. I was checking on the wrong date when I pulled up the cruise.

I know she would like an upgrade so she probably wouldn't do that. They normally booked suites and are rather upset with the lack of perks the past few years so she and the friend decided to try an inside. It is 1/4th what a suite is. Figured with being off the ship so much, they might be okay and save a lot of money. She said there are not many insides on the Regal and Royal, and said so many people that she has met on cruises say they always book insides and get upgraded every time.

So, I think she is hoping to get an upgrade. She figured it would probably be a last minute one - since it is easier to sell a cheap inside than the other cabins. That is why she is puzzled about their cabin showing available.

They have the drink package so she really doesn't care where they are. They will be off the ship or in one of the bars with their best friends. Just called me to see if I had any idea what was happening.