Breakfast with Dreamworks characters

Ruthie2

This was a free event before. It was nice but not when you have to pay. There are plenty of opportunities to have photos taken throughout the cruise. Yes there is a different menu but still not worth it. Use the money for something else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be on Freedom of the Sea in December with a 4 year old and an one year old child. Is it worth spending $13.50 CN pp to go to the breakfast with the characters? I know we will also see them around the ship.

I think a lot of people find it worth it as it gets pretty full!

We enjoyed it. There is some entertainment and the kids can get up and dance if they want.

Each character comes to your table and you get to take a picture with your own camera.

Yes the characters are around the ship through out the week, you just need to watch the schedule, but you cannot always take photos using your own camera. If your goal is just to meet the characters, you don't need to go to breakfast, but if you are not planning on buying ship photos and want pictures with characters, then there is additional value in going to the breakfast.

Different characters go to the different breakfasts, so you may want to look into which breakfast you choose, based on who you want to see. Last year, the first day was Madagascar, the second day Shrek, the third day Penguins of Madagascar and Po from Kung Fu Panda. But I have heard other people having different characters, especially on the last day.

From the two cruises I have been on with characters, we have pictures with King Julien and the penguins with our own camera and we also managed a picture with Alex because there was no one waiting to see him and the photographer and he came over to see us while we waited for the next character to come out. We bought a photo package, so we have lots of professional shots with the characters as well.

In my experience, generally there was little to no wait to see the characters when they had a scheduled appearance both on the Freedom and Oasis.

This was a free event before. It was nice but not when you have to pay. There are plenty of opportunities to have photos taken throughout the cruise. Yes there is a different menu but still not worth it. Use the money for something else.

Wow, even the character breakfast now has a charge?? RCI (and all the other lines) really do nickel and dime you to death.

As the poster said, when this was FREE it was great fun. I would never pay for this breakfast. My kids enjoyed it and everything that has been said (dancing, photo op and that's about it) is true, but it certainly wasn't worth $13 per person!!! There are so many opportunities aboard the ship to meet the characters for free! I would save your money to spend elsewhere.

I did it with my 5yos when it was free. I would never pay for it. Same food that everyone gets in the MDR. If you go eat breakfast at the same time it's going on, you can watch but not participate in the photos.

I've always been able to use my own camera at all photos ops around the ship.

There was one issue with the way the Character Breakfasts are done that I think is very significant. The event is held in part of the MDR during the regular breakfast service. It is IMPOSSIBLE for other guests not to notice the goings-on and during our seating there were quite a few kids that came over wanting to see the characters. They were rebuffed pretty assertively and several left in tears. It was super-awkward and I felt really bad for the little ones that had no way to know that this was a separate, ticketed event. :(

We did this on the allure in Dec. the character breakfast was held during the hour before the MDR opened.

We have also done the Suess breakfast on Carnival. In our opinion the Dreamworks was a bust. Would not do it again. The Suess breakfast was much more themed and interactive.

I'm not sure why people get upset about an extra charge for this.

You certainly get lots of photo ops with characters at Disney yet people pay big bucks to eat with the characters and don't complain.

Just my opinion but like some said, you don't have to do this and can spend your money elsewhere:):)

I'm not sure why people get upset about an extra charge for this....

Used to be free. Cruise line said that people would make multiple reservations for their "convenience", thereby preventing others from participating.

They had 3 Character Breakfasts's when I went on the Allure & they were free.

Now I did all three---at each one they had 3 characters come around & go to all the tables. There were no ship photo people--you could take photos with your own cameras. I liked it.

Now I also had photos taken by the Ship people at different parts of the ship. I loved these photos also.

We did the breakfast on Allure in April. Yes there is a small fee and yes you can see the characters around the ship, but our kids still enjoyed. They do a cute menu and having them cone around to you was nice (except for kung fu panda as he was too big so we lined up for him). A lot on here complain for reasons mentioned in the post but we weren't sorry we signed up.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk