Cruising out of San Juan

sunlite

Hurricane will not affect thiscruise leaving SJ on 10/9 but do you think there will be rough seas and stormy weather? Going to barbados, st lucia, st thomas. St kitts and st maarten. I checked weather at all locations and all showed rain. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think I would be more worried about the ports and those areas having damage and potentially flooded from the rain. The storm will be long gone but can those areas handle that much water in that short of a timetable?

Hurricane will not affect thiscruise leaving SJ on 10/9 but do you think there will be rough seas and stormy weather? Going to barbados, st lucia, st thomas. St kitts and st maarten. I checked weather at all locations and all showed rain. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been interested in the storm because we're on the sailing after you, leaving on 10/16. It looked like the islands we'll be visiting were lashed by Matthew's outer bands but I do not believe it made landfall. Nicole formed north of the islands IIRC. Right now a tropical depression is moving over that area that isn't expected to develop into anything. I think you will be okay except for the occasional rain showers that happen on the islands and I am hoping we will be okay, barring the formation of any more storms.