Car Rentals

funinthesun2016

Here is the company to use as they deal with all rental companies and have great rates but you have to book earl as possible as all of our rates for two weeks have doubled/ tripled in price. Scroll don pick up location and you'll all the ports listed. They all run shuttles to the pier except for Kona.

https://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/?utm_source=Adwords&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Br&gclid=CNGGgPmZy88CFVI2aQod18oAiw

I rent from every port. You need to do your homework on where you are going. So consider heading to your library for Hawaii guide books, the Revealed books are especially good, along with Fodor's And Frommers.

Plenty to see and do, more important- extend your time there. I never "park" myself in Oahu like a lot of people, I'm there only a few days. BUT, I always open jaw fly- using into Kona for a week, they fly to Oahu day of cruise, a few days on Oahu after the cruise, then I'm out of there, for a week on Maui.

Interisland flights are frequent and cheap. IF you aren't a frequent travelers there, then consider staying there for as long as possible.

Depending on the port, you may need to research traffic patterns. For example, on Maui, the port is no where near any place you'd probably want to see. Essentially there is one road around the island which is primarily one road. Any accident or construction can literally hold up traffic for hours. You can sign up for email notifications to notify you when road closes and then reopens. Just something to consider as there is rarely an alternative or detour. My recollection of our HI times is that is similar on Lanai, Kuai, and Molokai. Honolulu is notorious for traffic. We've never been to the Big Island, but we'd fly over the volcano I an 8 seat fixed wing plane. A sight not to be missed.