Just off the Pride

DaisyandMoe010

Glad those of you that cruised enjoyed! Love the Pride and the crew!

Where were you supposed to go and where did you end up?

We were on the Valor last week. Only issue for us was we missed Grand Turk ([emoji24]) due to strong winds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were supposed to go to Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport originally then we were switched to NYC and St. John New Brunswick. Canada ended up being scrapped as well so we stayed the night in NYC and then basically sailed up and down the east coast for 3 days :)

We were supposed to go to Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport originally then we were switched to NYC and St. John New Brunswick. Canada ended up being scrapped as well so we stayed the night in NYC and then basically sailed up and down the east coast for 3 days :)

That's a big change! But an overnight in NYC sounds awesome! Did you have advanced notice so you had the right sort of clothes with you?

That's a big change! But an overnight in NYC sounds awesome! Did you have advanced notice so you had the right sort of clothes with you?

We found out at 10 pm on Saturday night, for our cruise that was leaving Sunday at 4:30 pm.

I know our group had sweatshirts with us. But just wore our shorts with sweatshirts, so it was all good.

We bought clothes in NYC as well.

The weather in NYC when we were there averaged about 70 degrees. It wasn't bad at all!

Has anyone tried to get the 50% off. I was told by carnival it is only 25% off. I don't have the letter we got that says it is 50% off. I know I am not wrong.

I have not tried to use it yet but i did save the letter they gave us onboard just in case so i had proof.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

We were on this sailing also and had a great time. I can't say enough good things about the crew and how they handled some really nasty people. I keep looking for my cabin steward, Jomal to clean my room but I can't find him. [emoji51] We booked a cruise on the Vista a couple months ago for January 2018, I called Carnival when we got home and they are going to apply the 50% off to this cruise. I was told the change could take up to 2 weeks.

I think they jumped the gun. You could have sailed to Canada without a problem.

But as someone who could be at sea every day of a cruise, sitting at a pier anywhere would have had me upset, even if it were free.

20/20 hindsight is pretty easy...... I find it hard to believe that you could be upset with anything Carnival does.

Sent from my iPhone

Glad you had a good cruise despite the changes !! :D

We were on the Pride next after you (Oct 9)- we were scheduled to go to Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport but on Friday afternoon (Oct 7th) we received an email telling us due to the Hurricane our itinerary had been changed to Saint John NB and Halifax NS. We were offered either a full refund or a $ 100 OBC and 25% off the next cruise..

We decided to still go - we were Canadian cruising to Canada, driving from Ontario to Baltimore - weather was great.. from what I remember, it rained just one day..

There were 3 ships docked in NB - 2 at the cruise port and 1 in the same area but at a different pier - and in Halifax there were 4 ships - 3 were docked at the cruise port and the Pride was at an industrial pier about a mile away, they shuttled us over to the main cruise port area.. It was obvious that there was some last minute arrangements made to accommodate us !

Very glad we didn't take the refund option because we had a great time.. :D

I had a great time. I even got sunburnt. I loved how there was no lines for anything. I am using my 50% off to book the Pride in March. Does anyone know if the shows would be the same or will there be new ones?

I also was on the pride during the sailing I got sun my kids love the slides every day and I also loved not have to wait in line. Had a great time and we are using our 50% off to go next December 2017 in December.