shore excursions

wife was talking to some women while getting her nails done and they suggested using a company called Advantage for shore excursions. When I google it nothing comes up. Has anyone heard of them?

Edited by Bob1956

I use TripAdvisor to research Shore Excursions, look up your port and you will find plenty of choices. Also depending where you are going there are always plenty of choices when you disembark at the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We do mainly ship's shorex, but the odd one with Viator, they are fine, plus they do transfers.

Yes there are independent tour operators often at the quayside, but not always, in some ports the cruise line has contracted every tour operator/bus in the place, talking about the world over here.

Often on the CC Roll Calla for your cruise someone will organise a private tour, in fact we are doing a private CC one in Costa Rica next month. My advice re indepndent tours, don't hand any money over until you get on the bus !!

Edited by NSWP

TripAdvisor and Viatour can offer lots of suggestions and then see how it is booking direct. Have never heard of Advantage tours.

Same here, never heard of Advantage. I would avoid them like the plague if Mr Google or Mrs Tripadvisor don't know them.

A lot of shonks out there in Tour Operatorsville.