Two questions for a newbie re Britannia

ClareAde

Hi All,

Newbie here to both this Forum and cruising in general - taking our first foray on Britannia in 3 weeks to the Caribbean, so pretty excited to be joining the 'club'...:)

Just two questions please (and apologies if covered before), I read somewhere that guests in 'suites' on the Britannia have free internet access at the main cyber-room on the ship? Is this true?

Also, can anyone please advise the drinks range on the ship, ie the bitter/lager/cider on draft and whether they sell J2O or similar soft drinks?

Many thanks All!

Here's a link to the page with P&O's drinks menus. The draft options vary depending on the bar you're using. They have Peroni, Stella, Carling, John Smiths and Old Speckled Hen. They do sell J2O.

We didn't have a suite but I've never heard about free internet for suite passengers.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drink_cost

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No sorry, no free internet for suite passengers, would be great but certainly doesn't happen at present. Along a different line, remember you do get to dine in one of the Select Restaurants for breakfast if you are in a suite - I would think it's probably in The Epicurian as it is on Ventura and Azura. It's a lovely experience and although the menu is small it's lovely!

Hi All,

Newbie here to both this Forum and cruising in general - taking our first foray on Britannia in 3 weeks to the Caribbean, so pretty excited to be joining the 'club'...:)

Just two questions please (and apologies if covered before), I read somewhere that guests in 'suites' on the Britannia have free internet access at the main cyber-room on the ship? Is this true?

Also, can anyone please advise the drinks range on the ship, ie the bitter/lager/cider on draft and whether they sell J2O or similar soft drinks?

Many thanks All!

Sadly, Suite benefits are very sparse compared to other cruise lines and free internet access isn't one of them.

I think that all beers and lagers are bottled or cans, but someone else may correct me. This does bring some advantages though. Unlike a UK pub, where draft beers are always chilled (even bitter and ales, which should be served at room temperature), if you ask the drinks waiters for a specific beer you can request one that hasn't been in a fridge (so room temperature) and they will oblige. I was really impressed once that we went into the Crows Nest during the second week of our cruise, having only been in there once on the first day and the waiter turned up with a room temperature beer, even though I had forgotten to stipulate that I didn't want a chilled one. Things like that are really impressive, given how many passengers are on board!

The choice of beers on Britannia is excellent (as it is for all drinks, for that matter). There's a really good choice in all bars and one of the bars (can't recall the name, but near the theatre) does beer flights, where you have 3 different regional beers, totalling one pint. One set for each region of the UK, so plenty to choose from. Some are vile and some are lovely, but it's good fun trying them (you get notes about each beer as well).

Enjoy your cruise. You will love Britannia, in spite of all the negative comments you will have undoubtedly read on these forums.

No, sorry no free internet - a great shame and would be greatly appreciated!

Britannia is a beautiful ship and masses to enjoy - do try The Limelight Club and have one of the cakes in the Market Cafe - they're gorgeous!

There are also 20+ gins in the Crows Nest to try!

Enjoy! :)

Edited by Cruise Puss

ClareAde, are you going 4/5th November? We're on that cruise. There is a roll call on here, if you've not already found it [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you All for your help...

..and yes, we are on the 4th November trip, so will check out the roll call thread..