How will YC on Seaside be different?

mafig

The new large ships from every cruise line basically can only go to a handful of ports in the Eastern and Western Caribbean. Smaller ships are the ones that can go to the more exotic locations. Many of the islands are similar anyway and as far as I am concerned, the ship is the primary destination and the ports are secondary.

It will be really nice though when Ocean Cay opens up and MSC starts going there. It's disappointing that the opening was pushed back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

100 percent agree. I actually booked the Seaside, when the initial reservations were available. $300 OBC ...GREAT Aurea Suite....and Ocean Cay.....THEN.....Ocean Cay was postponed for the following year and I cancelled. Certainly did not want NASSAU as a substitution. Still afraid to re-book. Who knows when Ocean Cay will be ready. :(:loudcry:

100 percent agree. I actually booked the Seaside, when the initial reservations were available. $300 OBC ...GREAT Aurea Suite....and Ocean Cay.....THEN.....Ocean Cay was postponed for the following year and I cancelled. Certainly did not want NASSAU as a substitution. Still afraid to re-book. Who knows when Ocean Cay will be ready. :(:loudcry:

In the same boat as you (no pun intended). Booked two years in advance with 400 in OBC with inside YC. Was thinking of cancelling, but Costa Maya is the substituted port stop and with the price increase and OBC reduction, did not want to rebook for 2019. There's no guarantee that Ocean Cay will be open then as well. Looking at a possible 2020 on the Meraviglia if we like our Seaside experience.

The new large ships from every cruise line basically can only go to a handful of ports in the Eastern and Western Caribbean. Smaller ships are the ones that can go to the more exotic locations. Many of the islands are similar anyway and as far as I am concerned, the ship is the primary destination and the ports are secondary.

It will be really nice though when Ocean Cay opens up and MSC starts going there. It's disappointing that the opening was pushed back.

Totally agree with you the ship is the destination !!!