Embassy suites Miami airport pre-cruise hotel?

FLUFFLULA

We (4 adults in our 60's) are going on Carnival Vista from Miami in December and we're looking for a hotel for the night before the cruise. We are arriving late afternoon and just want a comfortable bed and a restaurant on site. The Embassy Suites at the airport has both of these, but some some reviews aren't great, and say it needs updating. Other reviews are excellent, but we are wondering if it is a good choice, especially given the price (over $230). If you've stayed there recently, or have first hand information, please let us know what you think about the hotel.

Many thanks!

I have not stayed there recently, but the ES MIA is not in an attractive area and is very isolated; not bad if you just want drinks, dinner on site and a bed.

Near MIA you will find better hotels in a better area by choosing hotels in the Blue Lagoon area - Homewood Suites, etc. with shopping and dining nearby.

You might check out the downtown Doubletree -- some rooms offer a view of the port and the bar/restaurant in the lobby is a good choice for Caribbean inspired food (or walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 -- Biscayne & 18th) for great tapas and an extensive wine and craft beer list.

We stayed there but it was about two years ago. We stayed two nights and then walked (not easily) next door to the LaQuinta to stay for our final night because they had free shuttle to the port. Embassy charges $10 pp I think. You are right - there are NO restaurants in that area, but we did enjoy the Embassy. Lovely breakfast (free!) and the cocktail reception was nice. What was best was the lovely courtyard. We ordered delivery from Buritto Village I think it was called and it was AWESOME and we ate just there in the courtyard. We had 3 rooms with 12 of us so it was nice to not mess up someone's room. There are many options in Miami and if the rates at Embassy are higher than others I don't think it's necessarily worth it, but if they are comparable, we enjoyed our stay there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by SuperMommy