E-Cigarettes

BecL

Can I just ask, out of curiosity, why are they a "danger" to you and all onboard? How would they harm you personally, not being argumentative in any way but just curious.. If the person next to you had a hot coffee with steam/vapour would that offend you?

Hi Folks

Why i made the suggestion that it was a good idea to stick to the published rules is simple, they are there for your own safety.

Its part of the rules in the British fishing industry that whilst working on weather decks at sea flotation devices are worn . Despite the issuing free of charge of such devices to fishermen many fishermen die each year because they choose to ignore the rules and do not wear the flotation devices

People who choose to ignore the rules become a danger to themselves and to those around them.

When things go wrong at sea they often go wrong very quickly.

Ignore such things at sea and you will live to regret it

It all comes done to attitude , if you think the rules are not for you and you dont need to abide by them ...... well .......

Suggested reading are the incident reports of accidents at sea on the MAIB.gov.uk website

Regards

John

PS I have no interest at all in debating the rights or wrongs of Vaping :eek:

Basically if a person is prepared to ignore a seemingly harmless rule they will also be prepared to ignore a vitally important rule.

This is the crux of the matter.

Both John and my posts were directed at the person encouraging disregard of the rules not the subject of vaping itself.

Is that clear now?

How would you know if it has nicotine in it. I have e cigs without any nicotine what so ever in them, hence why I cant understand all the negativity from some people....The vapour is the same from a hot drink, the shower etc...

Anyway, best ban the patches as well, they have nicotine in them and could harm fellow passengers.. sheesh ...... Anyway, that's it from me. I am done, Have a good day, :)

No one is querying your right to do whatever you do with ecigs. Just observe the rules and don't encourage others to flout them. And a little silly the comment about banning patches. I don't care what you do with your health, just don't drag others into it.

Edited by Pushka