Help with BVI Tortola please.

gamecockinnc

Hi,

We will be in Tortola on December 6th, 2016 on the Disney Fantasy. I am trying to find any excursion for my parents to do in Tortola. My mother uses a electric wheel. She suffered a stroke at a very young age and can't use one arm or hand and drags her leg.

Last time we were in Tortola my husband and I just jumped in with a group in a open air taxi for $20 apiece for a tour of the island. And it was awesome. Another time we took a taxi to a beach but I can't remember which one.

Does anyone have any suggestions for my mother? I am hoping we can borrow though I know it's not guaranteed a wheelchair to transport her from the ship to meet a van. I realize she wouldn't be able to take her electric wheelchair.

Maybe a private van to take her and my dad around the island for a bit just to see the beauty. She wouldn't even need to get out. She would be so happy just to see the scenery.

Disney offers one private car hire but it's $1200.00.

I realize the taxi drivers will want to fill up their taxis for such a tour.

Any suggestions?

And I am having a hard time remembering the area around the dock. Worst case can she drive her electric wheelchair off and are there shops?

I am mainly concerned about seeing if I can find anything for my parents to do. Tortola is breath taking and I've enjoyed just the ride around. I think my mother would too.

Thank you!

Edited by gamecockinnc

Accessible Caribbean Vacations does not currently offer any tours for Tortola, but might be able to help you. If she just wanted to wander around, the street along the ocean has accessible sidewalks. They are not the best, but are doable. The other streets in town also have sidewalk cutouts, but not being familiar with an electric wheelchair, I would be leery about her riding in that area. We did it on our mobility scooters and had a few challenges.

http://www.accessiblecaribbeanvacations.com/

Have a wonderful cruse,

Betty