Chankanaab non-dolphin things to do

sportmorgan

Looking for info on non-dolphin things to do at Chankanaab, as our group has done the dolphin/manatee/sea lion show before.

We are cruising in April with a group of 9 (5 kids from 8 - 14), and looking to spend a few hours to do some shore-based snorkeling, eat some food, and maybe try some of the other things to do there. Has anyone done the zip line, Mayan house, tequila tastings (for the adults!), etc?

Don't bother going to Chankanaab ($$$) if you don't want the dolphins or sea lions. There is snorkeling, but you can get that other places too. I have heard to food is pretty blah also... better food elsewhere.

With kids, wanting a beach, I would suggest a beach club with water toys, a pool, etc. Lots of them... and they are cheaper than Chankanaab.

I would take the crew to Paradise Beach and let the kids wear themselves out on the water toys (extra fee) while you sip another margarita. $3 admission/chair rental, good facilities, nice beach, HUGE pool and good food/drinks/service. No good snorkeling from the beach, but you can take an excursion out to the reef from PB for an extra fee.

I have heard to food is pretty blah also... better food elsewhere.

When we were there we ate at the restaurant by the beach and had the best chicken mole and baked fish I have had anywhere! We also enjoyed the snorkeling. The fish were plentiful, we saw an octopus, and it was easy access. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. We're going back in January.

I went to Chakanaab last year and loved it. We did some snorkeling - it was my first time but I enjoyed it and wished I had more time. There is a small beach and also a small pool if you want to swim. I had the buffet for food and it was just barely passable. Drinks were ok. The tequila tasting was fun. Mayan "ruin" tour was a waste of time. All in all I really liked the park but am going to Paradise Beach on my next visit to Cozumel for a chill beach day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums