Great 5 day Ecstasy Cruise

sammy1956

Just back from our 5 day out of Charleston , Had a blast !

Parking :

After the maze thru to the 1st tent I was surprised that they now have a lane for Diamond , platinum , & handicapped . You proceed to the next tent to pay for parking , you can prepay online , i did ,move forward out from tent & drop check in luggage, they put the priority sticker on there , proceed to the 1st warehouse , park , go outside ,down ramp , into shuttle ,and drive over to the terminal ,you can also walk over to the terminal now .

Terminal:

Very simple , go in the door , curve in to the right & separate into lines to go thru Xray & metal detectors . had a group of 10 with me so waited by the stairs for all to finish check in . go up stairs , do your s&s card in the machine & go out & climb the ramp .

Ship:

She's still in good shape , some of the crew told me she's going to drydock in Nov. for 2 weeks & getting Guy's Burgers , Blue Iguana Cantina, they'll be taking out Mongolian Wok & the burger bar , all elevators worked on this cruise . Food in MDR was great for me & no one in our party disliked anything . 2 got the fillet for the $20.00 upcharge and said it was very good .Nassau;

Been there 13 times , walked the newbies around & went to Senor Frogs for lunch.

Half Moon Cay;

The Most Beautiful beach in my mind . We rented the Oasis & had a ball ! everyone was blown away ,the place is great for a day, they supply everything , a cook ,bartender ,life guard , server . we didn't have to do a thing but sit back , swim ,or soak in the Jacuzzi , brought our own music & plugged into their system , Royalty for a day !

Overall;

We lucked out with the weather , mid 80's all 5 days , short rain on 1st sea day , other than that , mostly sunny , didn't gamble , went to 2 comedy shows , some bright spots , otherwise we sat & talked , had'nt all been together for 15 yrs .

Any Questions , i'll try & answer

Could not agree with you more. I was on the same 5 day in September. 4th time on Ecstasy. What a great ship. Told my husband we are def going back to Charleston. What a lovely port.

In 3 weeks we leave out of Miami on Glory. Miami is my least favorite port but so many ships and itineraries leave from that port.

But any cruise for us is a good cruise!

from 6 days on the ecstasy

fun cruise, lots of unexpected changes, but still a good cruise!:)

getting on board was a big pain n the butt:mad:

we had to skip freep, then a med emergency caused a second bit of altering, but that was needed and ok, so nothing but best hopes for the sick passenger

anyhoo we'll prolly do E again when price is right

from 6 days on the ecstasy

fun cruise, lots of unexpected changes, but still a good cruise!:)

getting on board was a big pain n the butt:mad:

we had to skip freep, then a med emergency caused a second bit of altering, but that was needed and ok, so nothing but best hopes for the sick passenger

anyhoo we'll prolly do E again when price is right

Appreciate your attitude. Despite altered ports, you still enjoyed your cruise.

without some incident!

pretty well knew we'd lose Freeport but wish carnival had been more proactive on information earlier as I mentioned ( I think )

this was our 4th time out of C two on NCLs majesty 10 years ago or so, and 2 on the fantasy

seems like we always gotta stop in Miami, or key west or somewhere for a medical emergency

last year or maybe it was early this year we stopped to rescue some peeps off a stranded boat! cant recall exactly when or where that was but just woke up one morning to some racket and looked out the window to see a boat rocking out in the ocean off the side a bit, looking down we saw the lifeboat just reaching the water and heading out, I got some pics of it but that may be the camera and SD card I lost in st Thomas this spring

if I handled the pics on my computer the images might be mirrored here somewhere, I was albe to find many of my lost pictures but only the ones Id posted or printed and thusly handled on the comp - the sd card had over 600 pics on it so I lost a couple hundred or more permanently

:(

two straight Fujis and now a Nikon inexpensive Coolpix :)

we sail on elation next year feb 6 and 17th 5 and 4 day resp.

reading recent reviews, some focus on the ship looking rather rusty and beat up

well, I can recall many many times in port on every cruise line, and in every port, chip and paint, chip and paint, scrub the window, wash and scrub, chip and paint

the Elation, did look rather like a rust bucket!!!:confused: I should have taken pics to post somewhere but it had dozens of streaks of rust down the sides and along the seams between side plates, Unusual for any cruise ship to appear a bit run down like this! Hopefully they have hung over the sides by now and corrected this....

The Ecsatasy as you might see in recent photos looks pretty clean. AND while on board, they were replacing decking on the starboard side near the forward pool\hottub area. You could also clearly see fresh decking on the port side opposite the hot tub and pool area has been also recently replaced. They were working on this while in HMC a bit and Nassau quite industriously! Not the highway 9 guys standing round watching one guy drive the paving machine and two shovel gravel. Rather, a crew of 6-7 guys using plenty of elbow-grease to get the job done! I pondered this and other mysteries of life while drinking my miller light draft and sitting in the hot tub!:eek: