'New' 2016 Chef's Table?!

MNcruiser117

I'm kinda a picky eater. We did reserve for the chef's table on our next cruise in December, but now I am beginning to rethink it. Or at least rethink my participation. I don't really do seafood, and I do know they meet with you to discuss the menu, but whether it is the old menu or new one, I'm just not sure how much I would eat/try. I'm a chicken and steak kinda guy, so not sure on duck, lamb, veil, quail, and all the other goodies that they serve. I already have 2 reservations in the Steak House, but if I was only going to take a bite of everything and find myself on the lido deck for pizza afterwards I would rather save the money.

Have any of you who have gone on this with picky eaters had any issues or how do they handle those?

I'm kinda a picky eater. We did reserve for the chef's table on our next cruise in December, but now I am beginning to rethink it. Or at least rethink my participation. I don't really do seafood, and I do know they meet with you to discuss the menu, but whether it is the old menu or new one, I'm just not sure how much I would eat/try. I'm a chicken and steak kinda guy, so not sure on duck, lamb, veil, quail, and all the other goodies that they serve. I already have 2 reservations in the Steak House, but if I was only going to take a bite of everything and find myself on the lido deck for pizza afterwards I would rather save the money.

Have any of you who have gone on this with picky eaters had any issues or how do they handle those?

We did the chefs table in the pride in 2013 and will do it again in January. I don't eat pork, lobster, crab or spicy foods. The chef was aware of that and made adjustments to my foods accordingly. For instance in the galley one of the appetizers served was made with chorizo. He made me a different appetizer. I had more than enough to eat. We had a great time and reserved it again for our January cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The picky eater issue is a fair question and may be part of the reason the Chef's Table is expensive.

The chef will work with people who have allergies or even strong aversions to specific foods. But the whole point is to try things out of the typical meat and potatoes realm.

In my opinion Carnival does a reasonably good job of providing options for various tastes. Personally I wouldn't take a vegan to the steakhouse or a picky eater to the Chef's Table.

While I wouldn't call myself a picky eater, I don't normally eat lamb, veil or quail either - in fact, I don't recall ever eating any of them before. However, I did enjoy what I ate at the Chef's Table, with one exception. I didn't care for the sea bass at all. It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't my thing. Other than that, everything I ate was very good.

Honestly if you don't think you will like those kind of things it probably wouldn't be worth it for you. That being said if you have never tried any of those things, you will probably like them. The only question is if you are willing to try it.

Really though, most of the things on those menus are similar to things you already eat. Quail and Duck are very close to chicken. Veal is just a young cow, so there really isn't a huge difference. Pork Belly is bacon. Lamb may be the only one that is completely different, but you might like it. As far as not liking seafood, I'm sure they would be willing to substitute something for you.

Hey everyone!

I am extremely curious if anyone has tried the new chefs table menu and would like to share reviews on it and/or pictures! I've been trying to look around for some but doesn't seem to be many (any that I can find for that matter). The only thing I have ran across is a picture of the menu. I am really wanting to know if it is worth the increase in cost. I have been really wanting to experience this and the cost has always made me a little hesitant and I was going to go for it this cruise but I noticed it jumped up in price and is now $95 instead of the $75 previously! Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance (:

The Sunshine is still $75 plus grats! Thank goodness. If this is your only splurge, I say, go for it!