NCL - Getaway or Escape

CinciBaby

Hello,

It's been 5 years since our last cruise, and I'm happy to come back and see that Cruise Critic is still here as an awesome resource!

We are thinking of booking a Jan cruise on either NCL Getaway or Escape. It would be me, DH, DS 11, DD 7, and possibly my parents (who are very active).

We are thinking NCL because you can't beat the 3/4 guest free!

Anyway, which would be better for the 7/11 year olds? I don't anticipate them using the kids club much, mostly hanging with us so onboard activities are a plus.

Also, is one itinerary better for kids -

Getaway - Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel

Escape - St. Thomas, Tortola , Nassau

We've only been to Cozumel and Nassau in the past.

Thank you so much for your help!

I'm cruising the Getaway in January for the first time on NCL! It looks like an awesome ship, and I think your kids will love it! I was hooked for this cruise because of the itinerary and a great deal! We have the UBP, and are so psyched! Harvest Caye looks like a great beach day that your kids will love! We just booked another beach day at a private island beach day through NCL excursions for Roatan, as I heard it is not a safe place to walk around outside the pier shops area. Welcome back to cruising!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am not going to be much help - but we did the getaway last year and the kids loved it! Same ages as yours - they loved the ropes course, soccer court, and water slides. They didn't use the kids club (well, one time and they were bored). We are doing the escape in February because they liked it so much.

I think they will love either ship so I would pick based on itinerary and which is more appealing to you. We picked western first because we were worried about the eastern being cooler in January and we were worried about three sea days that's on the eastern itinerary. After doing the western, we ended up with hot and cold, and one stop was cancelled so we had three days at sea and it was fine. That's why we are trying eastern this time - we know we can handle three sea days and you can't control the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Getaway and were shocked as our four kids up to 15 loved the splash academy. We are booked on the Escape next october. Personally, they're the same ship but the best itineraries the Getaway, in Roatan look up Little French key on you tube it's crazy beautiful there. Private island looks great to. We did playa Mia in Cozumel but kids complained about the big floating wipe out course because the make you keep big bulky life vest on and hard to do anything. But they loved the rest if it. Playa Mia is cheaper right off the ship to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums