Next Cruise Program

misty57

On our recent Anthem cruise we "fake" booked an Alaskan cruise for 2017. We are not planning to cruise until2018 but the cruise schedule for Alaska isn't out yet. Does anyone know if that booking might be able to be extended until winter of 2019 for a Carribean destination? I miss the open booking program they used to have, but we lost half the the promised OBC on our last trip due to the change. It's not worth it.

On our recent Anthem cruise we "fake" booked an Alaskan cruise for 2017. We are not planning to cruise until2018 but the cruise schedule for Alaska isn't out yet. Does anyone know if that booking might be able to be extended until winter of 2019 for a Carribean destination? I miss the open booking program they used to have, but we lost half the the promised OBC on our last trip due to the change. It's not worth it.

When I booked onboard a couple of days ago, they assured me that I could change the booking as many times as I like without losing the OBC for the future cruise.The OBC would be adjusted based on the category and length, but it would not be lost.

When I booked onboard a couple of days ago, they assured me that I could change the booking as many times as I like without losing the OBC for the future cruise.The OBC would be adjusted based on the category and length, but it would not be lost.

Bob, how much is the OBC for a 7 day cruise when booking on board? I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and book our November 2017 Oasis cruise now to get the 60% or wait and book on board on our upcoming November 5 Brilliance cruise.

Also, when I do a mock booking the Diamond balcony shows but the "Savings at Checkout" does not. I assume they're not combinable?

Bob, how much is the OBC for a 7 day cruise when booking on board? I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and book our November 2017 Oasis cruise now to get the 60% or wait and book on board on our upcoming November 5 Brilliance cruise.

Also, when I do a mock booking the Diamond balcony shows but the "Savings at Checkout" does not. I assume they're not combinable?

You are correct that the balcony discount is not combinable with the "Instant Savings". It's yet another way for RC to advertise a lower price that many C&A folks cannot use.

Booking on board OBC schedule:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50760283&postcount=55

Quick story. We booked a cruise on board and was offered $200 OBC to be used immediately or we could use it on our cruise we booked. We opted for the later cruise as we already had a lot of OBC on the cruise we were on.

The rates changed significantly on the future cruise. But they were rates that couldn't be combined with the On Board Booking. So we cancelled the On Board Booking and simply re-booked. The problem was, they showed we had used the $200 OBC already so we would lose the $200 deposit. It took us awhile, but we finally resolved it. RCCL had to review our On Board Account for the cruise we had been on to verify that we, indeed, had not received the $200 OBC. So beware. If you book on board I would recommend you use the OBC immediately, then if you need to cancel, you simply forfeit the $200 deposit and all is even. Also ALWAYS keep ALL paperwork and make sure it's right.