Questions re: Specialty Restaurant Multi-Night Packages

Saturngrl

My friends and I want to purchase the 4-night Specialty Dining Package for our upcoming Oasis cruise in February 2017. Is it better for us to purchase online via RC's website and coordinate our reservations together, or wait until we're on-board the ship?

My friends and I want to purchase the 4-night Specialty Dining Package for our upcoming Oasis cruise in February 2017. Is it better for us to purchase online via RC's website and coordinate our reservations together, or wait until we're on-board the ship?

We purchased the five night on FOS back in August before we left We were not able to make any reservations before boarding. Once we boarded, there was a table set up in the Royal Promenade with representatives from each restaurant ready to take reservations. I imagine a similar situation would be on Oasis

I'm assuming by Booking now, you'll receive a Substantial discount from what may be offered (if at all) on Board. Like the other member noted, once on Board you can try to coordinate your Dining with your friends at the Kiosks or even at the Restaurants. From my understanding, one Restaurant can handle all your reservations (for each of the other venues), you don't have to physically go to each restaurant to make your reservations.

We pre-booked 2 Specialty Restaurants prior to our recent Oasis cruise, but once on Board, we made a choice to add a 3rd (with the help of a Kiosk Rep), and had no problem getting times, all done via the Rep, we didn't have to go to each or any Restaurant, he did it right at the Kiosk. We were generally eating around 6:30/7:00.

The dining packages that you see on your cruise planner may or may not be offered on board. Usually they are however we had one cruise where they were not offered at all and one cruise where they only offered the 3 night package. We have seen them offered on board at the same price as in the cruise planner.

If you book now you can link all the reservations by using the "add guests from another reservation" feature.

If you book now you will choose the time of your first reservation, either night one or two and Royal will choose the restaurant. Once on board you make your other reservations and you may change the one that Royal made, subject to availability

We had the 4-night package, and had no problem at all changing our reservation. We changed it at 430p in the Promenade (after muster drill) and got a 6p res at 150 Central Park that evening.

I recommend buying the package online, it's cheaper that way. If I had to do it over again I'd get the 5-night package--well worth the extra $15 pp to eat in Chops or 150 a second time!

Edited by kay1864