Star class - Sailing on Allure Dec. 4th

myraid

Hello all.

I have been reading this forum for several months now soaking in as much as I can on RCL in general and any tidbits people have given on there experiences sailing on the Allure. This will be our first time on the Allure Our recent cruises have all been on Dinsey.

My wife, 2 kids and I are staying in the ATS 2 bedroom suite and are all getting pretty excited. We received our first email yesterday from Genie headquarters and boy some of those questions are specific (three things we would bring on a deserted island? HA). Anyway, once we completed our survey, we went onto the RCL website for a refresher on what is included with the Star class. It may be just us but the overall listing of included items seems to have dwindled. For example, there is no mention of laundry care or clothes pressing on the overall list. Have others noticed this? It seems to be me when we first booked this room just over a year ago, the listing was enormous.

Has anyone recently stayed in a Star class suite that can confirm any of this? Much appreciated.

Shawn

I was on the Allure Oct. 2nd. The laundry/pressing is still included. I used it A LOT!

Thanks so much! And if I may, I love the Starbucks Chai tea. Is that something that is included?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much! And if I may, I love the Starbucks Chai tea. Is that something that is included?

I don't think Starbucks is included anymore as it is not included in the top drink beverage package that comes with the cabin. We did have it in August prior to the beverage package change. Ask your Genie when you are on the ship or when you get your personal email. You never know, they might be able to waive the beverage fee if there was a charge. No harm in asking.

Edit: food items were not included.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I'm sorry that I can't answer that. I am almost 100% that Starbucks was included, but none of us used it as we don't really care for anything there too much. [if I recall correctly, the paperwork given to us upon arrival noted that all Starbucks was included except for the food items there]

I can say that Ben & Jerry's was included :) even though people have reported in the past that it was not.

Also, the Tapas at Vintages were another thing that I read here on CC as not included, but they were for us, and we had them several times.

I'm going to add, with regard to items that that I had expected to pay for based on reviews here on CC [ben & Jerry's, tapas at Vintages, lobster in Chops] I did not ask about it to the servers on board as I just thought I would be paying. In the case of Vintages and Chops, they were not included on my bill [did have upcharges on wine over the $$ limit, as expected] and for Ben & Jerry's the gentleman told me there was no charge.

Perhaps further communications/instructions have been given to the staff regarding Star Class. Even in the main dining room, which we ordered the surf & turf, there was never a mention by the server whether or not to charge--and there was no charge.

Our final bill did not have any charges that we felt should not have been our responsibility [especially since I thought more was excluded from the program]

This all sounds great! Thank you. Were any of you asked what to stock your mini fridge with? Hopefully for a few beers so I can avoid the long walk to the bar from our room. Ha!

Shawn,

We were on the Oasis not Allure. We were in the Grand Loft Suite. Our Genie arranged to have specific beers delivered to our room for football nights.

Starbucks was complimentary for us.

Our entire Star Class service was excellent.

Enjoy the two bedroom Aqua Theater Suite. We've been trying to get one of those but they must sell out quickly.

Chris :)

Edited by dr.evil

This all sounds great! Thank you. Were any of you asked what to stock your mini fridge with? Hopefully for a few beers so I can avoid the long walk to the bar from our room. Ha!

Yes. Mini fridge was stocked with the non-alcoholic items we asked for. There was no beer in there [maybe cause it is kind of small and we had other requests filling it], but there was a bucket of the beer upon arrival and they brought buckets throughout the cruise on request.

What ATS do you have? We will be in 9730 in March. I will be interested to see how you enjoy the room and the perks. My husband and I had a Sky Loft Suite in May after the program started and enjoyed it very much. I have also noticed the perks list has decreased since May. Will you come back and let us know how your experience was? Have a great trip.

Shawn,

We were on the Oasis not Allure. We were in the Grand Loft Suite. Our Genie arranged to have specific beers delivered to our room for football nights.

Starbucks was complimentary for us.

Our entire Star Class service was excellent.

Enjoy the two bedroom Aqua Theater Suite. We've been trying to get one of those but they must sell out quickly.

Chris :)

Thanks Chris

At the time of booking we were first told we could not get the room because we only had 4 people but after a little while she confirmed that we could. Glad I will have cold beer to enjoy on the balcony.

Cheers

Shawn

Yes. Mini fridge was stocked with the non-alcoholic items we asked for. There was no beer in there [maybe cause it is kind of small and we had other requests filling it], but there was a bucket of the beer upon arrival and they brought buckets throughout the cruise on request.

Thank you for this. I will at least ask to stock the fridge with some beer when the time comes and will see what he/she says.

What ATS do you have? We will be in 9730 in March. I will be interested to see how you enjoy the room and the perks. My husband and I had a Sky Loft Suite in May after the program started and enjoyed it very much. I have also noticed the perks list has decreased since May. Will you come back and let us know how your experience was? Have a great trip.

Thanks kellyco

We will be in room 9330 (opposite side of you I believe). I will definitely come back and update our experience and try and keep note of everything that is and is not the included in the Star Class.

Do you get the same perks with the sky loft suite?

The Sky Loft Balcony Suite is part of the Star Class so yes you would get the same perks. The RCL website has all the specifics

Thanks kellyco

We will be in room 9330 (opposite side of you I believe). I will definitely come back and update our experience and try and keep note of everything that is and is not the included in the Star Class.

Thanks very much. I look forward to your update. Enjoy your trip!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry that I can't answer that. I am almost 100% that Starbucks was included, but none of us used it as we don't really care for anything there too much. [if I recall correctly, the paperwork given to us upon arrival noted that all Starbucks was included except for the food items there]

I can say that Ben & Jerry's was included :) even though people have reported in the past that it was not.

Also, the Tapas at Vintages were another thing that I read here on CC as not included, but they were for us, and we had them several times.

So interesting, we just got off from the October 22nd sailing. Starbucks was included drinks only and Ben and Jerry's and Tapas was not.

We were asked what we wanted in mini fridge and it was all there. There were 2 men that came around late afternoon offering any mixed drinks from a menu. We also asked for a bucket of beer and that was hit or miss.

• 1 month later...

Hi. We have come back from our week on Allure and I did a short review here,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2431259

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Shawn

Are there Star suites available for two persons? Curious for future Anniversary trip. Realize it would be smaller.

We were just two people in our Sky Loft Suite and had the Star Class service.

And our cabin was very spacious (two levels).

We were just two people in our Sky Loft Suite and had the Star Class service.

And our cabin was very spacious (two levels).

Some other cabins might become available for two as well, but not initially. I have on occasion see the RLS and 2 bedroom ATS available. I'm not sure if the GLS and OLS (Oasis and Allure) can be booked for just 2 people right off the get go.