San Juan-Post Cruise

GalCruzer

We're looking to stay a couple extra days in San Juan after our Carnival cruise. We would like to see El Yunque as well as Paseo de los Presidentes, Plaza las Americas and just more of Old San Juan (yeah, touristy stuff).

For El Yunque we would be looking for a good touring company, as we don't really want to drive on our own. But also not sure where to even stay for the couple nights. I think a couple days would be enough time for all of this...

Any suggestions as far as touring companies for El Yunque or what hotel is a good location in conjunction with these activities as well as the airport, if possible. TIA

Gal

We're looking to stay a couple extra days in San Juan after our Carnival cruise. We would like to see El Yunque as well as Paseo de los Presidentes, Plaza las Americas and just more of Old San Juan (yeah, touristy stuff).

For El Yunque we would be looking for a good touring company, as we don't really want to drive on our own. But also not sure where to even stay for the couple nights. I think a couple days would be enough time for all of this...

Any suggestions as far as touring companies for El Yunque or what hotel is a good location in conjunction with these activities as well as the airport, if possible. TIA

Gal

For a hotel, are you interested in staying on the beach, or in Old San Juan? If you want a beach feel, I would choose a hotel in Condado. It is close to Old San Juan (10 minute cab), there are plenty of restaurant options that are walkable, and you can stay right on the ocean. If you prefer to be right in the Old city, I would check out El Covenanto and the Sheraton Old San Juan (not the convention center). Both are right in the Old City so you can walk out your door and be exploring.

I don't know anything about tour companies to El Yunque, sorry. As for going to Plaza las Americas, it is really just a mall much like any mall anywhere in the States. A huge mall to be sure, but really just a mall. If you only have a couple days, I wouldn't bother.

For a hotel, are you interested in staying on the beach, or in Old San Juan? If you want a beach feel, I would choose a hotel in Condado. It is close to Old San Juan (10 minute cab), there are plenty of restaurant options that are walkable, and you can stay right on the ocean. If you prefer to be right in the Old city, I would check out El Covenanto and the Sheraton Old San Juan (not the convention center). Both are right in the Old City so you can walk out your door and be exploring.

I don't know anything about tour companies to El Yunque, sorry. As for going to Plaza las Americas, it is really just a mall much like any mall anywhere in the States. A huge mall to be sure, but really just a mall. If you only have a couple days, I wouldn't bother.

We loved Villa Herencia, just a couple of doors down from El Convento.....

• 2 weeks later...

We did this in 2006. But we left the day after our cruise ended. We rented an car and drove around the island. It was great and fun. The only down side was we had "two" flat tires in 24 hrs. :eek: :rolleyes: We missed doing the rain forest due to the second flat tire. Also it's hard to find any hotels on the other side of the island... At least back then.

But had a blast other wise, great people and got to see a LOT of the island.