Tracy Arm & Sawyer Glacier excursion in Juneau

CeCe_

We will be going to Alaska next year on Princess, and want to take the excursion to Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier from Juneau. We had done it before with Holland America. But Princess doesn't seem to offer this tour.

Has anyone booked this excursion with other external tour company and recommend it?

Thank you

We will be going to Alaska next year on Princess, and want to take the excursion to Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier from Juneau. We had done it before with Holland America. But Princess doesn't seem to offer this tour.

Has anyone booked this excursion with other external tour company and recommend it?

Thank you

We have not done that tour.. but just watch your departure time as to when the ship departs. Since it is not a Princess sponsor excursion the ship will not wait for you.

I am sure if the times are good then you will not have any problems booking with an outside company. Many people book outside of Princess due to cheaper rates.

We have not done that tour.. but just watch your departure time as to when the ship departs. Since it is not a Princess sponsor excursion the ship will not wait for you.

I am sure if the times are good then you will not have any problems booking with an outside company. Many people book outside of Princess due to cheaper rates.

Princess offers it when the ship goes to Tracy Arm. It is then a ship's excursion.

If the ship doesn't go to Tracy Arm, then it is not offered. There are non-ship offered excursions such as AdventureBound that you can do on your own, time permitting. Only North bound cruises seem to fit this into the schedule to go with Adventure Bound.

The cruise we booked will go to Glacier Bay instead of Tracy Arm. Looks like booking through Adventure Bound is our only option. Thanks for suggesting Adventure Bound! We will look into that.

Because of a medical emergency on our Ruby cruise last August, Tracy Arm was cancelled. We had booked the small ship excursion and, naturally, that was cancelled as well. We were due in Juneau around 7:30am at that point so I checked on the Internet to see if there were any alternatives that involved a small ship. Turns out that Allen Marine did one. As soon as I got a cell signal I called and left a message for them asking if they had room for 4 more people on their excursion leaving at 9:30am. Around 8:15am the Allen Marine rep called me back and said that they could accommodate only 4 more. SCORE. We gave cc info and the rep said they would send a van around to take us to their dock. So a long way of saying check with Allen Marine in Juneau to see if they have what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

The cruise we booked will go to Glacier Bay instead of Tracy Arm. Looks like booking through Adventure Bound is our only option. Thanks for suggesting Adventure Bound! We will look into that.

I think I forgot that HAL has itineraries that people get off just for that excursion. Princess doesn't do that.

Adventure Bound is amazing. It is a very long day 8 am to 6 or so. This only works on North Bound itineraries. When you call them, just tell them you are on a cruise ship. They have picked me up at the pier as Princess docks at the far docks (due to energy savings and hooking up to Juneau's power which is only available at those new piers).