Port day DAYTIME events & activities on Celebrity Constellation

drsel

Dear experts & experienced Celebrity cruisers,

Does Celebrity Constellation have a LOT of interesting & exciting DAYTIME events & programs (like from 9am to 7pm) planned for PORT days?

(Which would make it more worthwhile to stay ON SHIP, rather than do SIGHTSEEING at the port)

Thanks,

drsel

This very much depends in part on where in the world you will be? In some places the vast majority of passengers leave the ship and activities are few. In other places many people stay on board and there are more things offered.

Abu Dhabi, Dubai in U.A.E.

Muscat & Khasab in Oman

My last three cruises have been on the Constellation. I have stayed on board twice while in ports.

Each time, it was just a relaxing day around the pool. It will not be crowded at all. The buffet for lunch or any bar , Cafe Bacio will have lots of seats. I do not remember any organized activities for port days. The Spa always has discounts for port days.

BTW, the casnio and all stores will be closed while in port.

The itinerary you will be on will be a first for the Constellation.

I hope you have joined your roll call.

It is the place to sign up to join private tours, or if you want , take some ship tours while in these exotic ports of call.

Edited by Azulann

Because it's itinerary is a first for this ship, there probably aren't any pertinent dailies yet

The general routine of daily activities is roughly the same for the same ship.

But port day & sea day activities could vary substantially on ANY sailing of Constellation or any other ship.

Therefore I need pics of the latest Celebrity Today daily guide for 1 port day & 1 sea day (of ANY recent itinerary in any part of the world), in order to COMPARE the two.

Edited by drsel

The general routine of daily activities is roughly the same for the same ship.

But port day & sea day activities could vary substantially on ANY sailing of Constellation or any other ship.

Therefore I need pics of the latest Celebrity Today daily guide for 1 port day & 1 sea day (of ANY recent itinerary in any part of the world), in order to COMPARE the two.

Were the ones in this post not recent enough?

Here are a couple of photos of the C1 balconies you requested on your roll call ;):

Thanks for the pics.

How would you compare the organized activities on a port day v/s sea day on Connie? Are they roughly the same, or are there much less activities organized on a port day, in order to entice you to do the shore excursions?

Thanks, drsel

Thanks for the pics.

How would you compare the organized activities on a port day v/s sea day on Connie? Are they roughly the same, or are there much less activities organized on a port day, in order to entice you to do the shore excursions?

Thanks, drsel

In our experience, not so many activities on port days. You don't have to go on X's ship tours though, you can organise your own or even just explore the areas using local transportation (unsure how close to the port your offerings are, but we'll no doubt find out next year when we take a similar cruise).

The Spa offers 'specials' on port days, unsure if this is something you'd be interested in? But on the whole, sea day activities are greater and that's usually when X organise Captain's Club events too. I imagine that your cruise will be pretty quiet onboard during port days as it's a new itinerary for X and most pax will want to go out and explore.