Advice on online registration.

HaliMakai

I just received the email today that we can register and order our luggage tags for our December sailing. Here is my question. We just figured out that our passports expired in July (out of sight out of mind) and we applied for renewal, they said they would probably be back in plenty of time (did not do expited). We do have certified birth certificates in case they are not back in time. But does your passport number change? Should I just register like we do not have passports?

You wont be able to register online without your passport numbers. You can however partially complete registration and come back and complete it once you have your passport numbers. If you are unable to complete registration until embarkation day you can complete everything when you check in. It will just take a little longer. If a passport is required for your cruise you wont be able to check in without one. If necessary and if available pay the extra for an urgent replacement. Your new passport will have new numbers.

I recently did a passport renewal/name change. I received my new passport exactly 2 weeks after dropping my application in the mail. We didn't do expedited either. If I were you, I'd probably just wait until you receive your new passports to finish the check in. I completed my check in and requested luggage tags and got them in the mail about 5 days later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just received the email today that we can register and order our luggage tags for our December sailing. Here is my question. We just figured out that our passports expired in July (out of sight out of mind) and we applied for renewal, they said they would probably be back in plenty of time (did not do expited). We do have certified birth certificates in case they are not back in time. But does your passport number change? Should I just register like we do not have passports?

I check my expired passport against my new one (no name, address or other changes except my age) and the numbers are different. I think your new ones will be back in time to do online check in. DH and I just applied last Wed. for TSA Pre-check. They said on the phone it would take 30-45 days but some get it quicker. At that time we were 46 days out. We were confirmed this past Saturday, 43 days out. If I recall, the last time we renewed our passports we got them in less than 2 weeks. I would fill out as much as you can online and click save, then watch the mail.

We had a similar issue and spoke with the call centre; they said to just enter the current passport information and then change it once we received our new ones. So I completed the on-line check-in. Then we just received the passports last week and I was able to modify my on-line check-in and printed out that verion. We sail on Nov 6 so all is good for us! Having said that, I don't know if we'll get our luggage tags in time but that's because we booked somewhat last minute and didn't have a stateroom number until just recently...