bcaha

Please help choose a day pass from among these 3:

Sandals Royal Bahamian, Melia, Breezes

Our criteria:

Looking for shade on the beach

Stand up paddleboards

Windsurfing

Which would you choose?

thanks (cost is not part of this particular decision)

If cost isn't an issue, I'd go with Sandals. :)

Melia has SUPs but I don't think the Melia day pass includes water sports anymore. Breezes didn't have SUPs when we were there. It had sailboats and kayaks.

Shade on the beach is never a guarantee. Best advice is to try and get there early, wherever you go. There's usually more shade by the pools.

Edited by CruisinCrow

• 2 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed the Melia. The property was expansive and I felt that there was more than enough room at any of the three pools and on the beach. Very clean and good service too. However, I heard they upped the price to more than $35, which is excessive, because it doesn't include lunch. So while I loved the Melia, I would love to go back and actually stay, not in a resort day pass. But if you are willing to pay the price, I would certainly go with Melia! :D

We wound up going to Sandals. It was expensive, but a lovely day. $110/per person. Included drinks and food. The water was a little rough and we did not wind up using any of the water sports. Lots of chairs - both shade and sun. We called from the ship before heading over there. That turned out to be key to being allowed in.

• 3 weeks later...
We wound up going to Sandals. It was expensive, but a lovely day. $110/per person. Included drinks and food. The water was a little rough and we did not wind up using any of the water sports. Lots of chairs - both shade and sun. We called from the ship before heading over there. That turned out to be key to being allowed in.

Is Sandals within walking distance from the pier? Can you reserve ahead of time or have to call them when you arrive to the island?

Is Sandals within walking distance from the pier? Can you reserve ahead of time or have to call them when you arrive to the island?

No, Sandals is 5-6 miles from the port. I would call the hotel in advance to see if passes will be available. When you call, they'll probably put your name on the list for the security guard for when you get there.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Melia. The property was expansive and I felt that there was more than enough room at any of the three pools and on the beach. Very clean and good service too. However, I heard they upped the price to more than $35, which is excessive, because it doesn't include lunch. So while I loved the Melia, I would love to go back and actually stay, not in a resort day pass. But if you are willing to pay the price, I would certainly go with Melia! :D

You are correct,the price is now $45. p/p and no lunch.It only includes a voucher for starbucks,but I do no know the value of it.The pools and snorkeling gear is free