Disney Cruise Line Increases Prices at Remy

Ex techie

Wow-

I certainly enjoy fine dining, and have enjoyed more than a few meals for two upwards of $400 in my life (although not nearly as often as I'd like... just wish that check never came).

However, I have a really hard time paying that much money for what is probably a really great meal.... on a ship where I already have paid for some pretty decent meals (that someone else cooked and no dishes to wash!)

Yes, MDR food is probably no comparison to Remy but I guess when I am already on the ship, I'd like to enjoy the food I've already paid for... and save my money for dining out on a night at home when I otherwise would have had to cook and clean.

I don't envision myself ever paying $90 for brunch, regardless of champagne. I am happy for DCL that this has been such a successful enterprise for them, but the cost for these meals is pretty expensive on top of an already expensive cruise. I just can't do it. I hope others who do decide to participate enjoy it!

Have you questioned it on there?

ex techie

I did not. But if this blogger is supposed to be so knowledgeable he/she should have noticed the date when they saw the picture and most certainly should have noticed it when they wrote the date.

It has to be a misprint as DCL never announces price increases 2 years in advance!

Reposting a link always has the risk that the information in the link is not accurate. THat doesn't mean that the poster lacks experience or expertise.

THis is from the DCL web site, showing that the change is currently in effect.

Reservations are required and can be made online or onboard the ship. When dining at Remy, Guests will skip the regularly scheduled Main Dining restaurant. Please note that this premium dining experience is available at a fee and is not included in the price of your cruise.

An additional charge is required to dine at Remy:

Dinner: $95 dining charge per person

Remy Champagne Brunch: $60 charge per person; $30 charge per person extra when adding the Champagne pairing

Remy Dessert Experience: $55 charge per person; $25 charge per person extra when adding the wine pairing

Petites Assiettes de Remy: $50 charge per person (includes a wine pairing with each course)

This event can only be booked onboard

Remy Wine Pairing Experience: $105 charge per

It is still significantly less than V&A (which is what it is like). I guess this reflects the fact that they can fill it at $85. I thought $75 was pricey.

I agree with moki'smommy that it equates to V&A. It defintely is more than just a step above the MDRs. The way I figure it, is I'm on vacation, I don't get to eat it restaurants of that quality too often, so it's all part of the experience to me. Fortunate for my wallet, that I'm not always on the Dream class ships :D

The 7 course meal at V&A is $185 without wine' date=' so you are still getting "credit" for the meal you don't eat in the MDR.[/quote']

V&A is up to $185??

i ate there when it was $125....so i guess a few years ago...

it was worth every single penny of that $125...

absolutely superb ...

i would like to eat there again, but the timing just hasn't worked out..

i'd certainly be willing to eat at remy if i could manage it without sacrificing anything on the schedule..

V&A has a 5 course meal for $135. The 7 course is the one that is comparable to Remy; that is $185. It goes higher for things like chef's table, wagyo beef, and other "specialty" items.

Sorry, I was trying to compare the standard "Remy" without wine pairing to the closest thing at V&A.

V&A has a 5 course meal for $135. The 7 course is the one that is comparable to Remy; that is $185. It goes higher for things like chef's table' date=' wagyo beef, and other "specialty" items.

Sorry, I was trying to compare the standard "Remy" without wine pairing to the closest thing at V&A.[/quote']

when i ate there, there was only the one for $125, the wine pairing and the chef's table....at least i wasn't aware of any additional course...i would probably have gone for the additional courses...

although we had much more than was stated, as the chef kept adding things on....maybe because we're vegetarians...he totally outdid himself....

everything was incredibly tasty...and i'm a bit of a foody when i'm eating out (not at home at all, but if someone else is doing the cooking, then yeah)...

V&A was stupendous....and certainly worth the price..

and the service was outstanding as well...

Edited by alaska_planner

OK, I just did an on line search instead of taking the first prices I found on the WDW site.

This is from a WDW blog (not published by WDW)

Reservations for Victoria and Albert’s go quickly. It is recommended that you book as close to 180 days out as possible. As for cost, the menu is prix fixe, meaning that you pay a set price for the meal. Expect your meal to begin at $135 per person for the Dining Room, with an additional charge of $65 for wine pairings. That price includes six courses. Queen Victoria’s Room and the Chef’s Table menus may include up to thirteen courses, and prices start at $210/person for dinner and $105 for wine pairings. Keep in mind that these prices do not reflect tax or gratuity, so be prepared.

THis is from a 2014 article:

The main dining room is nice, dimly lit, has a harpist playing music and feels really formal. The meal here is a 7 course meal and costs $150/person (with wine pairings available for $65/person).

The Queen Victoria room is a bit more private with 4 tables, has the same quality staff as The Chef's Table and a menu that's similar to the Chef's Table but with 10 courses instead of 13 or 14. This is the room I'd book if there were just 2 of us on a date night. The cost to dine here is $210/person with wine pairings available for $105/person.

This from a restaurant web site:

Fixed price, 7-course $185 (pairing $250), 10-course $235 (pairing $340), ... While the main dining room and Queen Victoria's Room are whisper-quiet, the ... for 8, and the 10-seat Chef's Table, this is the top dining experience at Disney World.

The above agrees with what I found on the WDW site. Take your pick as to which you want to believe.

OK' date=' I just did an on line search instead of taking the first prices I found on the WDW site.

This is from a WDW blog (not published by WDW)

Reservations for Victoria and Albert’s go quickly. It is recommended that you book as close to 180 days out as possible. As for cost, the menu is prix fixe, meaning that you pay a set price for the meal. Expect your meal to begin at $135 per person for the Dining Room, with an additional charge of $65 for wine pairings. That price includes six courses. Queen Victoria’s Room and the Chef’s Table menus may include up to thirteen courses, and prices start at $210/person for dinner and $105 for wine pairings. Keep in mind that these prices do not reflect tax or gratuity, so be prepared.

THis is from a 2014 article:

The main dining room is nice, dimly lit, has a harpist playing music and feels really formal. The meal here is a 7 course meal and costs $150/person (with wine pairings available for $65/person).

The Queen Victoria room is a bit more private with 4 tables, has the same quality staff as The Chef's Table and a menu that's similar to the Chef's Table but with 10 courses instead of 13 or 14. This is the room I'd book if there were just 2 of us on a date night. The cost to dine here is $210/person with wine pairings available for $105/person.

This from a restaurant web site:

Fixed price, 7-course $185 (pairing $250), 10-course $235 (pairing $340), ... While the main dining room and Queen Victoria's Room are whisper-quiet, the ... for 8, and the 10-seat Chef's Table, this is the top dining experience at Disney World.

The above agrees with what I found on the WDW site. Take your pick as to which you want to believe.[/quote']

they're probably all right in some way....because there are those special dishes and what not..

no matter....i'm sure whatever way you choose is good..

i remember at the time i didn't choose the chef's table as it seemed it would be a problem for a vegetarian..

also, i wasn't with DH....that was a solo trip (attending a conference), so i invited a friend to go with me (i was dying to try out V&A, and didn't want to dine alone)...

since i was footing the bill, i figured $250 plus tip was enough :)

we both enjoyed it very much...

as i wrote, it was one of the best meals i've ever had...

scrumptious!! :)

my only problem with trying remy, is figuring out how to fit it into the schedule and not miss out on anything else..

in any case, i've decided i'm going to stick with the classic ships, so remy isn't a possibility in any case...

Edited by alaska_planner