Recommended Celebrity Excursions

taylortime05

Hi,

We are Eclipse Dec 11 - 21 and I have some OBC that I'd like to use for excursions. Can you recommend any of the Celebrity excursions?

Thanks

We recently (Oct. 2016) took their St. John on your own shore excursion. The timing and cost were similar to us doing the same trip on our own. Once on St. John we hiked to Honeymoon Beach for the day. The boat ride was bumpy and I was glad I took Dramamine. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We recently (Oct. 2016) took their St. John on your own shore excursion. The timing and cost were similar to us doing the same trip on our own. Once on St. John we hiked to Honeymoon Beach for the day. The boat ride was bumpy and I was glad I took Dramamine. Enjoy your cruise.

Agree, good way to see St. Johns, even just to walk around Cruz Bay and have lunch

We are thinking of taking this tour but does it leave any time to shop back in town ( Charlotte Amailie) when we return and was the hike to the beach very long?

We are thinking of taking this tour but does it leave any time to shop back in town ( Charlotte Amailie) when we return and was the hike to the beach very long?

Hello, the Summit was docked at Crown Bay. We were picked up nearby the ship and there was no time after to get to Charlotte Amalie for shopping. Maybe a quick peek into a shop at Crown Bay. As for the hike it was about a 1.2 mile hike each way to Honeymoon Beach. All the St. John excursions rode over together. Paper bracelets were given to identify which St. John tour you were on.

We just did the St. John On Your Own tour through Celebrity this week. I wanted to be sure that you are aware that the excursion price is for the ferry ride to St. John and that is all. Once at St. John you are on your own to get a taxi or walk to wherever you are going. We went to Trunk Bay and the taxi ride was $6 per person each way and entry to Trunk Bay is $5 per person. Chairs can be rented for $10 per chair with a deposit of $25 per chair. There is no time before or after the tour to go downtown St. Thomas. We got back to the ship at 4:15 and you had to be back onboard at 4:30. I misunderstood and thought the ferry would be going back and forth all day and that is not the case. It goes once and returns once. I would recommend the Sun Dog Cafe for lunch in St. John. It was the best meal of the cruise!