Flight Ease, Flight Tix, and HAL Profile

TiogaCruiser

I am hoping some of you can offer me some insight on this. I have concerns that there are items missing in my HAL profile that I expect to be there for an upcoming trip, and some questions about “ticketing”.

I am booked for flights, pre-tour Iguazu Falls, HAL Platinum coverage, and cruise for South America in March, all through HAL. I paid in full early last week (so I could lock in my flights). (I booked through a BigBox agency with payment directly to HAL.) In early October I received a flight change directly from HAL. The new flights are not ideal, but I accepted them, and they get me to EZE as recommended for the tour.

My HAL profile shows the cruise, platinum coverage, the first leg of the trip (LAX to LIM), the cruise, and both legs of the return flight on AA. There is nothing about the 2 connecting flights from LIM to EZE, pre-cruise hotel, or the pre-cruise tour. (A HAL Reservation Supervisor said the IT Department said it would be fixed in my profile by this week. It isn’t.)

Last week I logged into Flightease My Flightease profile had a large message across the top saying that "This booking is currently undergoing an airline schedule change. A New Notification will be sent to the email or fax number on file once completed". I was able to choose my seat for the American Airlines portion of the trip. The portion on LANTAM said I could check in in “4 months” (making it about 2 weeks before the flight).

Just got off a conference call with my bigbox agency and HAL Flight Department. The HAL flight agent ‘fixed” whatever was causing the “flight booking is changing” notice, and that no longer shows. She said I could change my flights from Flexible Fare into Restricted Fare and get my seat assignment now. Apparently I am not “ticketed” until that is done. She said with Restricted Fare there would be monetary penalties if I change my flight (which I do not intend to do), but could not tell me how much until she changed the fare. She said there will likely be changes by the airline, but could not tell me what would happen if the Restricted Fare flight got changed to one that was scheduled to arrive late or if the connections were too close for my comfort. They would take it on a “case by case” basis. She said I if I stay with the Flexible Fare, i can choose my seat in FEBRUARY. The Flightease website says I can "check in" in 4 months (March in my book).

So having said that, for those with experience:

1) Does this sound correct about Flexible and Restricted Fares? Is there a greater chance of getting "bumped" if you have Flexible Fare? And there is no way to know what the fees could be until the type of fare is changed? I thought I became locked in for price and flight with payment.

2) Does LAN really wait until 2 weeks before flight to allow seat assignment???

3) Once you are paid and locked in, do you really have to take whatever flight changes an airline makes? (even if arrival is schedule to be after the tour starts?)*

4) For those who have booked flights with HAL, do ALL your connections show in your profile (itinerary)?

5) For others who have booked pre-cruise tours and hotels, do they show in your profile with HAL?

6) At what point, and how, have your gotten your Pre-Cruise itinerary? (I was told by HAL via my agent it would be in my profile after I paid)

I want to be reasonable with my expectations, but i am concerned with what is not currently in my profile.

*The pre-cruise tour overnights in BsAs and flies to Iguazu the following day (day 2 and 3). The pre-cruise tour starts with a tour of BsAs in the afternoon of day #1. I know I could book an extra day in BsAs ahead of time, but it is not my preference if I can reasonably avoid it. I really don’t like the BIG city (BsAs) that much.

Edited by TiogaCruiser

I can give you some input as to Flight Eze and restricted and flexible fares. However, some of your questions are beyond my expertise.

In August we booked our flights with HAL for this April 29th with British Airways Toronto-Heathrow-Rome and return Amsterdam-Heathrow-Toronto and we booked flexible rate. We could not believe how much less expensive it was with HAL compared to booking directly with BA.

I became nervous a few weeks later when BA's price was close to double what we paid for the same flight and I called HAL. I was told that up until the cruise and air portion were paid in full, air rates could be change. However, he said that he had never seen these rates increase with HAL. Basically "once booked, you're covered" and he did not recommend paying the cruise in full so far from final payment date (February 20, 2017). So, I waited.

Last week, I again checked our flights with BA and they were more than double. DH and I decided to just pay for everything now instead of waiting since the price difference was so huge. We had already chosen our seats on all flights, including connections, and these did not change.

Everything online shows the same flights and seats and my account is paid in full, exactly as it should be. I question why you are not considered "ticketed" since you have paid in full. When I check with BA, everything is exactly the same as shown with HAL. I assume that means that we are "ticketed".

Please let us know how this turns out for you. I'm very interested to see if HAL makes good on their promise that Flight Eze makes things so much easier!

Thank you for your reply.

My TA (BigBoxco) and I called HAL Flights this evening. Apparently i was not ticketed (at least for LAN), but am now. Reportedly ticketing is supposed to happen about 24 hours after full payment is made. That was 11 days ago. So something didn't happen. :confused:Prior to calling, the LAN website was willing to let me complete check in and apparently seat assignment AFTER i paid.:eek: The AA site had me noted as ticketed and with seats.:confused:

So as it stands, i am now really ticketed, and have seats for all segments of the trip.:D

I did get a link from the HAL Res Sup that was supposed to take me to my temporary itinerary (until the website is fixed): the link was dead. So am awaiting a response on that one. Hopefully soon that will be resolved.

Not sure how much of this may be due to the website changes. Migrating to another system is never fun, and i really do feel for those having to work through it. And its no fun for the geek in the seat either. So am trying to be patient, and not too hard on them.

Thank you for your reply.

My TA (BigBoxco) and I called HAL Flights this evening. Apparently i was not ticketed (at least for LAN), but am now. Reportedly ticketing is supposed to happen about 24 hours after full payment is made. That was 11 days ago. So something didn't happen. :confused:Prior to calling, the LAN website was willing to let me complete check in and apparently seat assignment AFTER i paid.:eek: The AA site had me noted as ticketed and with seats.:confused:

So as it stands, i am now really ticketed, and have seats for all segments of the trip.:D

I did get a link from the HAL Res Sup that was supposed to take me to my temporary itinerary (until the website is fixed): the link was dead. So am awaiting a response on that one. Hopefully soon that will be resolved.

Not sure how much of this may be due to the website changes. Migrating to another system is never fun, and i really do feel for those having to work through it. And its no fun for the geek in the seat either. So am trying to be patient, and not too hard on them.

Well, it seems that you've at least progressed to Ticketed and seats confirmed! The rest will fall into place soon, I'm sure. The website is not always user friendly, so you will need to exercise your patience. Enjoy your cruise!