Parking in Port Canaveral

pooh/tigger

Parents will have a rental car next month for their Norwegian cruise.

Better to park at the Port garage or Park Port Canaveral?

They are VIP/Haven passengers so planned to arrive early. If at the Port garage, easy to find a spot (disabled spot?) at 9:30am? Is it a mad house in the garage that early?

Are the Park Port Canaveral shuttles able to run early or only when the Port says they can?

Thanks.

I havnt tried to get on a cruise that early before. All depends on how many other cruises are sailing out that day. I would think it's not going to be that crazy at that time, johnin makes a good point. A rental + parking costs a lotta $$$ can save many other ways

Why would you pay to park a rental car while cruising? :confused:

Why not return the car, save the rental fee and parking, and pick up another car after the cruise if still needed? :confused:

Hey John,

Knew you'd be the first to respond. Your the area pro, I see.

It was just something they rattled around. The rental places told them they couldn't take them to the port via shuttle until after Port gave permission ("we are given the greenlight after 10am, usually between 10:30 and 11am") That was from all except Budget.

Because of they are VIP/Haven, they are scheduled for check in time of 9:30 and 9:45.

Mom said "we can't walk over. That's too far and if shuttle won't take us at that time, what can we do?"

Their flight home isn't until 2:30pm. The rental places there told them to get off the ship early because it's a madhouse after 10am. I assumed it would be busy earlier.

I've cruised most ports but not this one so relying on friends here to help.

Found great one way deals (with coupons) thru Avis.

Close to their hotel and they can just take a taxi morning of the cruise.

Taxi rec's?

Looks like 888 is the only one from the port, are they best to the port as well? Reviews on a trip site had Happy Hour shuttle listed as a good one too

Uber is also an option in the PC/Cocoa Beach area

I second Uber as a great recommendation. I live in Satellite Beach and have m several times with very good results. Definitely a better idea with the one way rentals, much cheaper than paying for a week of parking.

You need a smartphone with the app downloaded. You set up a payment account (I used my Apple Pay) but you can use a credit card. To request a ride, you open the app, type where you want to go, and request a ride. It will give you an estimated time of arrival for your driver and you can see their location realtime.

When you arrive at your destination, it will calculate the fare, bill you accordingly, and send you a receipt. Tips aren't available in the app, so would be cash if so obliged. I don't believe there are any special fees for using them at the port. Much easier to use than it sounds, I recommend downloading the app and taking a look at the functionality it's pretty straightforward.

You need a smartphone with the app downloaded. You set up a payment account (I used my Apple Pay) but you can use a credit card. To request a ride, you open the app, type where you want to go, and request a ride. It will give you an estimated time of arrival for your driver and you can see their location realtime.

When you arrive at your destination, it will calculate the fare, bill you accordingly, and send you a receipt. Tips aren't available in the app, so would be cash if so obliged. I don't believe there are any special fees for using them at the port. Much easier to use than it sounds, I recommend downloading the app and taking a look at the functionality it's pretty straightforward.

Are you required to have CC stored in profile or can you just input with each transaction? Thx