14 Day Carribean Cruise in Sept 2017 HELP please

Bigmaan

Hello All,

We are an Australian family of 4 consisting of mum/dad daughter 16 and son 13. We are in the process of booking the 14 night cruise that departs Miami on 23 Sept 2017. Just wanted to get some feedback before I hit the button and pay.

We have done 5 cruises on RCL and 2 on Carnival. We prefer Royal Carribean Cruises but decided on the MSC cruise because it covered everywhere we wanted to see in the area.

1. Sept is not USA school holidays I believe. Will there be sufficient teenagers on board for my kids to enjoy. Happy kids happy parents. They love the kids clubs and literally never see them once on board.

2. Is the 14 day cruise which is two 7 day cruises a really good value when you consider the multitude 7 day cruises out there. I am happy with the price but wondering about the drop in quality. Chasing Ports and variety of locations hence the 14 day cruise option was preferred.

3. We like activities during the days particularly when at sea. Not a lot of positive comments about activities.

We are worried about the Hurricane season as we will be cruising late Sept and early October. I will have substantial travel insurance and hope for best.

I suppose I am looking for some positive feedback , particularly those with teenage kids etc..... Not worried about the food comments too much, you can only eat so much on a cruise. More keeping the family happy and occupied.

Kind Regards.... take care.

Mick

Sydney

Australia

Sailed on MSC February not with children but noticed plenty of teenager groups very active round the sports deck and they have a teenager area. Sorry can't give you more info,Ship is beautiful English first langue Shows are fantastic Italian crew are brilliant.If she heads to where you want to go and the price is right say no more Bon Viaggio!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can not comment on MSC cruises as I have not been on one yet, but I wanted to let you know:

1) School starts late August to 1st week of September in most States within USA, so 23 Sept will be school period for kids. Not sure how many would take out their kids to cruise.

2) I have been on 3, 5, 7, 10, 11 day cruises and quality has always been good on all the cruise lines I have traveled on.

3) On hurricane time frame, hope for the best is all I can say. I live in Florida and one just never knows when it will hit, so having the insurance is worth it.

So, have you hit the buy button yet?

Hello All,

We are an Australian family of 4 consisting of mum/dad daughter 16 and son 13. We are in the process of booking the 14 night cruise that departs Miami on 23 Sept 2017. Just wanted to get some feedback before I hit the button and pay.

We have done 5 cruises on RCL and 2 on Carnival. We prefer Royal Carribean Cruises but decided on the MSC cruise because it covered everywhere we wanted to see in the area.

1. Sept is not USA school holidays I believe. Will there be sufficient teenagers on board for my kids to enjoy. Happy kids happy parents. They love the kids clubs and literally never see them once on board.

2. Is the 14 day cruise which is two 7 day cruises a really good value when you consider the multitude 7 day cruises out there. I am happy with the price but wondering about the drop in quality. Chasing Ports and variety of locations hence the 14 day cruise option was preferred.

3. We like activities during the days particularly when at sea. Not a lot of positive comments about activities.

We are worried about the Hurricane season as we will be cruising late Sept and early October. I will have substantial travel insurance and hope for best.

I suppose I am looking for some positive feedback , particularly those with teenage kids etc..... Not worried about the food comments too much, you can only eat so much on a cruise. More keeping the family happy and occupied.

Kind Regards.... take care.

Mick

Sydney

Australia

Just my personal opinion. I would not go on cruise In October specially if I had to fly from Australia. You can cruise to Canada instead of Caribbean and weather can be very rough.

MSC is not Royal and there is no climbing walls or Surfing on board . If your kids really need that to be happy I would consider other line. I don't see how is 16 years old can be interested in Teen club any more.