Princess Upgrade Fairy?

rob083

My wife and I have booked guarantees many times. Usually save from $200-$500 per person over booking an assigned cabin in the lowest category of the guarantee. We have always been placed in a higher category than the minimum (for example, we booked a balcony guarantee for October and have been assigned a BC cabin for now). We have never been assigned a bad cabin by taking a guarantee.

We have booked an oceanview guarantee. There are no other catagories available so the ship is likely to be sold out. If we volunteer to be bumped to another date before final payment what do you think our chances would be for getting a balcony or mini-suite and shipboard credits for the same price as our original oceanview guarantee?

Andrea

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;8;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Star Princess - 08/23/03 - Alaska

[This message was edited by andreadan on 05-25-04 at 12:58 AM.]

[This message was edited by andreadan on 05-25-04 at 12:59 AM.]

We were upgraded on Princess on our very first cruise many many years ago. Since then, we have spent over 125 days on their ships and have never seen the upgrade fairy again.

But to be truthful, I think it also normally has something to do with the category you book. The lower the category, the better chance of being upgraded as those cabins sell out very quickly.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

We've booked a Mini-Suite AD Guarantee on Island Princess for Hawaii. To be frank with you, I'd love it if we actually got the AD, since they are all midship "on the bump." But I check and check, and we don't have any cabin assigned yet. Course we don't sail till November (but who's obsessive?)

Fern

Fern Modena

Visit the timeshare-guru.com website

I booked the Sun Princess Eastern Caribbean on Oct 13. Did the booking last week as a BF guarantee, just checked today (first time getting into the Personalizer, thanks for the hint) and found out we're in a BB cabin, A305 (Aloha deck). Woo hoo!

The honeymoon is starting out right : )

Jen

Carnival Glory 12/6/03

Sun Princess 10/13/04

icon_cool.gifAny upgrade is a good upgrade! I have already been upgraded 3 cat from my original BD guarantee. I booked friends of mine last week and they are still unassigned. We booked a guarantee for them also.

Mellenium 11/2001

IMAGINATION 10/18/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;10;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

GOLDEN PRINCESS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;17;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm wondering now if I should have booked a guarantee. We're booked in BE #739. But I think I'm going to be disappointed because I was wanting the bigger balcony and I don't think this one is a bigger one. icon_confused.gif

Think we would need on the Caribe deck to get a bigger balcony.

Your comments??

Saling: Caribbean Princess 10/02/04

Happy Sailing!

~Pam~

I booked BF Guarantee at the suggestion of my TA. This is our first cruise and she advised we would have an 80% chance of an upgrade and if we were not upgraded by our final payment, we could pay the extra at that time and get the room we wanted, or at least a better Balacony than BF. Well, we didn't have to pay the extra, approx. 1 month after booking, we got an upgrade to BB aft on Baja B749 - larger deck - enough for two lounge chairs a table and 2 regular chairs!!

P.A. - Check with your travel agent to see if you can change to BF Guarantee and also ask if you can pay the price difference at the time of final payment if you happen to not get an upgrade. My travel agent even said: "Why pay more, when you have a great chance at an upgrade"? My TA claims to be one of Princesses top 2 agents in the country. I don't know if I believe that, but as a first time cruiser, it was pretty impressive that what she told me would happen, actually happened.

Good Luck!!!

Suncat

gottocruise - Just to clarify, I checked on Travelocity and Orbitz - which are where I always start for vacation pricing - and the AE guarantees were no longer listed for my itinerary(I checked several cruise dates). Possibly those guarantee catagories are not available for every cruise. I always check several sources, including Princess and a TA to find my best price. When the guarantees were listed - they were listed with all of them (at least was my case). I seriously doubt you have missed out on anything - if that had been an option for your trip, I am sure your TA would have known and passed on that info. I would highly suggest you book a few cruises (NOW), surely one of them will offer it! icon_wink.gif WAIT - i just saw your upcoming cruises - WOW!! Lucky you!

Tracy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;26;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

DIAMOND ALASKA

Thanks TracyQ ---- I'll have to keep my eyes open...You will love Alaska, we've cruised there a few times, one of my fondest memories - Sitting in the hot tub on the Dawn with a glass of champagne watching the "glaciers" pass by!!! SIGH!!

Until Pacific Princess

Islands of the Pacific Theater

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;07;25;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0900

Until Golden Princess Western European Capitals

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;07;31;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Until Golden Princess British Isles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;08;10;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Spongebob,

I would also like the picture please. I thought I e-mailed you for it. Did i do something wrong with your e-mail address?

Please, please, please.

We will be on a balcony on the Grand in Oct.

Thank you

Dawn Princess Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=a0522d&cdt=2003;7;21;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

never give up on the upgrade fairy. we booked a cat. ad on empress on carribbean princess for 6-5, several wks later got upgraded to a cat ab on dolphin mid-ship, and after receiving tickets with that cabin # on it we got a call from our travel agent saying we were upgraded to a ps category on lido, went on cruise personalizer to verify and sure thing there it was, can't wait. and according to princess this suite has a 42' balcony. this will be my first cruise with princess. just a note if you want to look at room L106, we were on the conquest last august in this same cabin location on lido and loved it, very secluded, quiet and wonderful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dcrichard:

I would also like the picture please. I thought I e-mailed you for it. Did i do something wrong with your e-mail address?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try again, or just post your address here and I'll check the thread later. We've been having some MAJOR issues with our ISP - e-mails have taken several days to come in, and my wife found out last night that she missed a great job opportunity because the e-mail sent to her never showed up.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jerrie:

we were upgraded to a ps category on lido, went on cruise personalizer to verify and sure thing there it was, can't wait. and according to princess this suite has a 42' balcony. this will be my first cruise with princess. just a note if you want to look at room L106,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, take pictures and post your comments when you get back. I'm very curious about those cabins. I would also like to know if you can use the balcony during sea days, or if it's closed off because of the wind.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

WILL DO, BUT I DO KNOW THAT ON THE CONQUEST EXACT AME LOCATION AS L106 THE BALCONY ON SAIL DAYS WAS WONDERFUL AND NOT CLOSED BECAUSE IT WAS COMPLETELY COVERED. WILL LET YOU KNOW ALL TH DETAILS

I'm a cruise lover lurking in the shadows of these boards. Hubby and I are booked a guarantee BC for 9/25/04. I just checked the Princess Personalizer and see that we've been assigned a BA on Lido. Yikes! I have never been that hight on a ship! How is it up there?

Regal Princess 5/98

Celeb Century 4/02

Carnival Inspiration 9/03

Caribbean Princess 9/04

We were given an amazing upgrade last year on the Grand. We booked our cruise one month prior to sailing, and we booked a mini-suite. Two days prior to sailing, we received a call from Princess saying that we had been given a complimentary upgrade to a penthouse suite. I was completely in shock...we'd never sailed with Princess before, and we paid a rock-bottom price for the mini-suite. I know that we were just incredibly lucky, and we appreciated every moment of that cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;4;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we sail!!!

NCL Spirit - February 2005

Grand Princess - May 2003

NCL Sun - May 2002

NCL Sea - May 2000

First Princess cruise: booked AD mini suite, indicated no upgrade, stayed there. Next two cruises: same thing, booked AD mini, indicated no upgrade, BUT.....both times got upgraded to full suites, about a week before the cruise.

It was very SWEET!!!!!

Judy

Archived